16. Jack Imagine

"Finding some you truly love is not that easy." 

-

Y/N P.O.V

I sighed as I slammed my phone down. Unbelievable. I didn't even know what emotion to feel first. "y/n, are you okay?" Jack, my boyfriend of a year, asked me as he walked into the room. He was wearing a grey beanie, a grey shirt and some jeans with socks. I didn't respond, instead I just buried my face in the palms of my hands and shuttered. "y/n." Jack called again. He stuffed his phone in his pocket and walked over to me. "hey, hey. look at me, baby. what's wrong?" he asked, prying my hands away from my face. 

I was an actress, and I had just been given the part for a new t.v show: Nightly. 

I barely even knew what the show was about, I hadn't even been given the script from the producers yet. 
The problem was that I was told filming would take place here, in Los Angeles, where I could remain close to home and more importantly, close to Jack. 

"They changed the location." I softly spoke. Jack just blinked towards me. He knew what I was referring to. "It's in Atlanta now." I said. 

"okay.." Jack trailed off, taking a seat across from me. "that's okay." He said, grabbing my hand. I gave him a puzzled look. "how?" I asked, a tear running down my cheek. "How could this possibly be okay, Jack? I'll be away from you for over a year. And maybe, if i'm lucky, i'll get holidays with you and that's not good enough. not for me." I cried, my eyes now forming more tears. 

Watching me cry was enough to make a tear fall from Jack's eyes. "no, babygirl, it's alright. This is what you were born to do. This is your job, and look, look. You're gonna do a great and I'm gonna be so proud of you. You're gonna live in Atlanta and it's beautiful there, i've been." He smiled. it made me smile because of how strong he really was trying to be for me. 

"Finding a job and a home, that's easy." I cried, hoping my voice wouldn't crack. "But Finding some you truly love is not that easy." I finished. Jack walked around to the other side of the table and sat beside me. he grabbed me and pulled me closer to him, making me lay my head on his chest. "I love you, y/n. I love you, I love you." He whispered, slowly rocking to the side. I knew he was crying by the sound of his voice. "I got you, baby. we're gonna be okay. We're gonna be alright." He repeated. 

I distinctly remember what happened after that. I think he had carried me up to his bed and let me sleep as he cuddled next to me and hoped he wouldn't have to go on with his life without me. 

I woke up the next morning. My eyes still sensitive to light, prior to the breakdown Jack and I both had last night in his kitchen. I curled up closer to Jack and tightly gripped the sheets as I remembered the phone call. I stared up at Jack's sleeping figure and thought to myself, 'what the hell am I supposed to do without him?' 

Without thinking it through, I got up, ran downstairs, grabbed my phone of the counter and stomped outside, calling my manager, Diane. 

Phone call: 

Diane: morning, y/n, how are you feeling today?

me: Diane, I quit. 

Diane: quit? what do you mean you 'quit' ? 

me: Nightly. The show. Tell them I quit. They told me that filming was here, they can't change the location last minute, that sparks problems. 

Diane: y/n, yes, i understand but there's a lot of money on the table. 

me: D, I don't care how much money there is. If Jack isn't with me, I don't want it. So inform them, now. I'm out if they don't change the location. 

Diane: it's not that simple, it requires a lot of - 

me: you heard me.

Diane: yes, but, I still - 

END CALL 

I didn't even let her finish her sentence before I rudely hung up the phone. I'll get yelled at by my mom for it later, but I didn't care. I sighed deeply and looked up at the bright, blue sky. "y/n." Jack called from behind me. His face was surprised, but happy. "I don't care what they offer me, jack. No matter what it is, it means nothing without you." I said, nearly an inaudible whisper. 

He simply ran up to me and hugged me tightly before lightly pecking my lips. "I love you, y/n." he said, I smiled to myself and held on tighter. 

TS | (Time skip) | 

Diane had called back a few minutes ago, saying how the producers wanted me so badly that they were willing to change the location once again. 

Jack and I had spent the rest of the day watching movies, taking long walks and simply being in each other's company. 

I really loved Jack. 

No one could take that away from me.