1.0: the mask

"cut! thats a wrap for today

    "cut! thats a wrap for today." scattered applause sounded throughout the area as the director finally deemed it to be the end of a long filming day. everyone was tired, exhausted, from the camera crew down to the actors themselves. especially your boyfriend, who had been stuck inside the Spider-Man suit all day long.

   "can someone help me get this off?" he called out desperately, shifting his weight between both legs uncomfortably. "i gotta go now."

    at this you giggled and walked over to your boyfriend as three of the costume designers helped him carefully remove the suit. tom removed the mask, letting his sweaty curls free to fall anywhere they pleased. little beads of sweat were already beginning to fall, and impatiently tom wiped away at them with his hand.

   "you hungry, honey?" you asked as you approached your boyfriend. he smiled at the sight of you, for although you had been watching him on set all day, the two of you hadn't really seen each other. he reached out to hug you, but was directed not to move until the suit was fully off.

   "starving, actually," he responded as they gave him a chair to sit on so he could slip off his boots.

    "there's a vegan pizza place down the street, if you'd like to try it out?" you suggested. tom's nose scrunched up distastefully at the suggestion.

   "no, i want something else. i don't want to eat healthy tonight." at this, you laughed.

    "taking a break from your diet, then?" he nodded.

    "i've been craving a good old fashioned cheeseburger."

    "there's an in-n-out down the street. is that okay?" he nodded.

    "sounds perfect." and as soon as the suit was off and he had slipped on some normal clothing and underwear, tom lunged at you and wrapped his big, strong arms around your pretty waist into a hug.

   "oh, i've been needing one of your hugs, darling," he sighed tiredly, kissing the top of your head. "it's been a long day."

   "i know honey," you smiled, gently rubbing his back. "i know."

   "now," he said, pulling out of your affectionate hug, "let me just use the toilet and then we'll go."

    and so you waited on set patiently as you watched your boyfriend make a mad dash towards the restroom. and you hoped he'd make it there on time.