9.0: babysitting

"rawh!"

"rawh!"

"ouch! no fair, we said nothing to the face!"

"hey, what did we agree to?!" y/n called from the kitchen as she made dinner. the two holland boys stopped sword fighting for a moment and guiltily looked down as they chimed, "no roughhousing."

"thank you," she nodded, and smiled as the two began to play again. tom and y/n were babysitting Paddy for the weekend, and the trio had had a ton of fun hanging out together. y/n had never really had any younger siblings, so having paddy around made her heart swell with sisterly love for the little boy who she now considered to be her own little brother.

dinner was cooked quickly, and eaten by the two hungry boys even quicker. and as the night went on, tom baked cookies while y/n and paddy got to work on a pillow fort for the movie they were about to watch.

"hey y/n?" paddy asked as he watched his pretty big sister fluff the pillows.

"yes?" she bummed, handing the pillows to him so he could get to work on his side.

"do you think you'll ever marry tom?" this question caused a small blush to spread across her cheeks and a tiny smile to creep up upon her lips.

"why do you ask?" she mused. the little boy shrugged.

"i'm just curious. tom's older now, and he really loves you. i think he wants to marry you, and the rest of us want him to marry you, too."

this whole little speech of his caused the smile to grow larger. she affectionately reached over and ruffled his hair.

"well paddy, i'll tell you this. i adore your brother, he's the best boyfriend i've ever had. and i do hope we get married. i'd love to be married. but only time will tell."

"well... even if you don't get married, you'll still be my big sister, right?" his question made her heart swoon, and soon she had him engulfed in her arms for a hug.

"of course, paddy. you're always gonna be my little baby brother."

the two of them sat there on the floor hugging, forgetting all about the fort they were meant to be making. and as tom watches from the kitchen with a soft smile on his face, he knew y/n was definitely the girl he planned on marrying.
~~~~
a/n: this sucks but i wanted to update haha. also, thanks so much for 200 reads !!! so glad to know this book isn't a total flop haha. anyway, have a good day :)
~melissa