6.0; dumb old tree

"fuck off christmas!"   "love, am i hearing things or did you just yell 'fuck off christmas' to the tree?" your boyfriend teased, causing you to sigh gently and sink down onto the carpet

   "love, am i hearing things or did you just yell 'fuck off christmas' to the tree?" your boyfriend teased, causing you to sigh gently and sink down onto the carpet.

    "my favorite ornament broke because it wouldn't stay on the tree and it's way too tall for me to be able to decorate it!" you cried out in frustration. "christmas was supposed to be stress free for me this year! i finally have a great boyfriend, a good home, and enough money to make this year's christmas the best. so why does everything feel so shitty?"

     at this, tom smiled lightly at you and joined you on the floor. he put a comforting arm around you and rubbed your shoulder with his thumb, letting you lean into his side tiredly.

   "babe, i know things seem like rubbish right now, but it's gonna get better. we have loads of time before christmas even gets here. we'll get a new ornament. i'll help you with the tree too. you've worked hard all year, you deserve to be able to relax. but trust me," he smiled, "decorating for the holidays is never stress free."

   at this, you giggled and let out a defeated sigh. "i suppose you're right..." you got up from the floor and dug into the bag of ornaments, pulling out a particular decoration from the bag. "i was saving this one as a surprise... but i think it'll be a good replacement for the one that broke."

   tom took it gingerly in his hands. it was an ornament in the shape of a snowflake with a picture frame in the center, holding a photo of you and tom recreating the iconic spider-man kiss on the set of homecoming. tom had begged for them to allow you two to take a few pictures together with him in the suit, and you both were lucky to have such a nice stunt crew otherwise this picture might not have ever been taken.

  "you made this?" tom asked, smile big and heart swooning at the photo. you nodded sheepishly, blushing as he leaned over to give you a kiss on the cheek.

    "i love it," he declared, and with a squeal you were instantly swooped up into his arms and hoisted up into the air. "put it on the tree for me, will you darling?"

   and so, as the weather outside grew chillier and his gentle grip on your waist tightened ever so slightly, you put the iconic ornament on the tree, making it your officially new favorite chrisrmas ornament.

~~~~
a/n; hi kids! sorry this is rlly cliche and cheesy but i wanted to update while simultaneously getting you guys into the holiday spirit !!! (if you celebrate christmas of course). but anywho, thanks so much for 100 reads! slowly but surely this book is getting to where it needs to be! thanks for the support and those who continue to read. it'll only get better! much love :)
~melissa