2.0; can't sleep

quiet

   quiet. only silence filled the air now as you lay in stillness, staring off into the never ending darkness that swallowed your room. a loud noise had woke you just a few minutes ago, and now that you were spooked out of your mind, you couldn't go back to sleep. you didn't know what had made that noise, or what was out there. and not knowing was what caused you to feel so on edge. but, you supposed it could be worse. after all, the noise could've been made in the middle of the night while you were alone rather than when you were in bed wrapped up in the warm embrace of your boyfriend tom. not to mention, his sweet dog tessa slept at the foot of your bed. if anything, you were safe and protected, but nonetheless still scared.

"tom," you whispered, gently shaking his arm that lay wrapped around your waist. "thomas, wake up."

in response, you earned a soft groan as his strong arm pulled you closer into his body, furthering your spooning position. at this, you rolled your eyes and shook his arm with a slightly greater force.

"tommmmmm," you whined a little louder now, barely above a whisper.

"what is it?" he finally uttered in response, nuzzling his face into your shoulder.

"there was a noise outside. i don't know what it was but i'm a bit... scared," you admitted, feeling a tad embarrassed. he chuckled softly against your shoulder, sending waves of tingles along your skin.

"there's no need to be scared darling," he yawned, giving your cheek a gentle peck. "i won't let a single thing happen to you."

"i don't know..."

"y/n? do you really believe i can't protect you?" he asked in mock offense. this got you to giggle just a little bit.

"no, i know you can, but-"

"but nothing. i'm spider-man, no one in their right mind would dare hurt spider-man's girlfriend." you could feel him grinning against your skin, causing you to break out into a small fit of giggles.

"you're a dork," you teased, gently putting your hand against his face as you pushed him away. he gave you the same playfully smile he always did when he felt mischievous, and now you were scared. "tom, no, don't-"

but in a matter of seconds he was sitting on top of you attacking you in tickles, making you squeal his name uncomfortably as you rolled around and tried to escape his grasp. by now tessa was up and barking due to the ruckus. the dark room was full of noise, from your squeals to tom's laughter to tessa's barking.

well, no one was sleeping now thanks to the noise you guys were making.

~~~
a/n; hi kids, just wanted to check in real quick. To the few readers this book has- are you liking this?? Should I continue?? I'm not getting much feedback so I'm a bit unsure as to where I'm going with this book or what you guys want for this book. Anyway, I do hope you guys are enjoying it. Because I love tom holland and I love writing so I mean ¯\_()_/¯
     anyway, thanks for reading and hope to hear from you all soon
~melissa