Chapter Seventeen

I sit at my desk, topping the wood. It's around seven am and I couldn't sleep. Usually I love sleep but I had to get up. I peer into my reflection of my dusty mirror as I start picturing myself to look like how I was back over a hundred years ago. Though there were bad times in my youth, I was genuinely happy. I begin to pin my hair up as I try to stay quiet. I pull out the draw in which my pins and hair products lay that I haven't touched for years. I think I remember how to do this...

Some time passes and when I stop to really take a look at my reflection, I was honestly surprised. It felt as though I had stepped through time and I was back in my room, in 1879, staring at my reflection ready to start another day of my mortal life.... I felt a warmth within as the thought of me being mortal was at bay. I stand from my seat in front of my desk as I turn to see Elijah still asleep. I admire his bare torso and his peaceful face as the urge to smile was upon me. The fact that he's mine and that he cares for me really does feel amazing. This is the only thing I like about having my emotions back; being able to look at him and appreciate him. To be able to feel happy every time he smiles and feel cared for every time he helps me through this hell called my life. I decide to leave the room as I go downstairs to get something to eat. I get to the kitchen taking a blood bad as I stare at it. I'm not doing this for me... I'm going this Elijah. Because seeing him feeling pain whenever I am, hurts more than the pain itself. I really do care for him... I lean against the kitchen bench drinking the blood slowly.

"Hey" I say as Damon walks in. He stops suddenly as he just stares at me.

"What's wrong?" I question, slightly uncomfortable with is sudden zombie like state.

"Nothing it's just... you look so..." his voice low as he begins to get movement back in his body.

"I look what?"

"Nothing; don't worry" He mutters moving past me as I shrug it off and continuing my feed. I throw the now empty bag into the bin as I go find me book in the lounge room. Where the heck is it? Seeing as I was't going to school today there wasn't any point to me getting ready for it.

"You're up early" Stefan says as I turn to him.

"Wow..." His voice croaking as he looks at me the same as how Damon did.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow getting slightly annoyed with this.

"Did I just step into the past?" He questions me.

"What do you mean?"

"You look so... 1880's" He laughs at me.

"Oh my hair; well I thought why not?" I shrug at him.

"Are you wearing your hair like that to school today?" He asks me.

"I'm not going to school today"

"Ana" His looks sternly at me.

"God sorry mother" I snort as I shake my head at him.

"You need to attend school"

"Jesus Stefan you got what you wanted; you got my humanity back so I would stop hating you for what you did to me. Lay off with the whole school thing; I'm fixed" I wriggle my fingers to help improve my sarcasm.

"You know that was never my intention" He steps towards me.

"Oh whatever, we both know me hating you over the fact you made me like this was eating you alive for the past one hundred years. You've tried countless times to try and fix me so I would contain some sort of human emotion; enough for me to forgive you. You're just as selfish as I am. The only difference is that I had no choice." I lecture him not in the mood for his bullshit. He remains silent, not breaking eye contact to show defeat.