Chapter Twenty-Nine

My phone shattered in the corner of my room, as that was the only way I could think of stopping those pestering texts from coming through. Congratulations Elijah; you broke me. I never thought it was possible; to break something that has been broken for years but he managed to do it. I know my life wasn't perfect before but hell; at least I wasn't being used as a human puppet. I liked my life how it was before I came back to Mystic Falls. I liked being alone.

"Hi" I smile as Elijah takes the drink from me, having a sip. He drops the glass, biting his bottom lip as his hand returns to my waist, moving slowly as if we were dancing to slow music though rock music was playing.

"You're so beautiful..." He whispers.

I like the feeling when I'm sinking my teeth into someone's skin.

"Ana" Elijah says to me causing me to look up with my vein covered under-eyes.

"You're going to kill the poor bastard" He chuckles helping me up. He wipes the blood from my mouth as he stares into my eyes.

"I want to help you find your humanity... No one should have to go through years of not being able to feel anything. You've intrigued me and now you're stuck with me." He says softly.

I liked it when no one cared.

"I don't think I've cared for someone as much as I've cared for you Ana. And I'm not letting you give up now that you've come so far. I'm going to take you somewhere tomorrow okay? We'll skip school and go somewhere. But for you to come, you need to eat so you can actually make it out of the house" He explains to me as I sigh.

Elijah made me happy; and he could probably make me happy again. But this town just seems to hold something on me. Almost like a curse... I stand from my bed, running my hands through my hair as I let out a groan. I peer over to my desk where the photo of my family stands, wandering over to it as I pick it up. I take it with me as my feet drag me to my door as I yank it open. I jog down the stairs as I find myself on the bottom floor, as I walk quickly to the front door, stopping suddenly as I look for my keys which should be hanging on the wall. My free hand, snatches the keys from the wall as I break my way out of the house. I walk to my car, opening the door with force. I sit inside my slightly warm car as silence follows the sound of the car door slamming shut. I put the photo down on the passenger seat as I stare at the house in front of me. A hundred years' worth of memories come flooding through me but I try and stop them over powering me. I back out of the driveway, slamming my foot down as I speed down the road. I didn't know where I was driving to, but I knew it was away from this town. You may be think; Ana! You're thinking irrationally! But I've spent all night thinking this through. I need to get away for a bit. Away from obsessive brothers, away from crazy one-sided lovers; and away from Elijah. But I'm not as heartless as you think.

I knew the boys would be arriving home now, noticing I wasn't there. I want to let them know that I love them so much. I want to tell Stefan that he is more than just my twin. He is my other half, my idol, my world. He would never believe such words but it's true. I want to tell Damon that he is the figure I look up to and the person I admire approval from; he is my hero and always will be. I want them both to know they need to control their own lives and not have to worry about one another, even though they always will.

As for Elijah... Words could not describe what I feel for him. I want to see him, I want to hold him, I want... to hear his voice one last time.

I pull up to a pay phone, used mostly by people who have broken down along the road. You may call me crazy for remembering his number, but that's what kept me sane through the time I was getting my humanity back. I guess one could say I was anxious for him to answer. Though this suspense wasn't helping.

"Hello?" His voice comes mumbling through the phone. I remain silent, listening to the slight buzzing, radiating from the phone.

"Hello?" He repeats himself as I bring my lips into my mouth, biting down softly as my eyes close for a brief moment. I hear him sigh as he hangs up the phone, allowing a long beeping sound to illuminate from the phone.

I go back to my car as I prepare to leave. I grab the photo that still remained on the passenger seat; as my fingers trace over the thin glass. I'm ready to start my life as a new person.

My name is Anastasia Lily Salvatore. I have straight light brown hair, light blue eyes, and am five foot five. I have lightly tanned skin, and I suppose I'm gorgeous. I'm definitely a mixture of my two brothers oddly enough. You'd think Stefan and I would look most alike but we got same hair colour and slight darker skin tone where as I share the blue eyes with Damon.

I was turned by Stefan on accident as he went on a rampage back in the 19th century. I forgive him though. I forgive everything he has ever done. From turning me; to killing hundreds of innocent people when his humanity was off. He was never "The Ripper" to me, he was just my brother.

Those two idiots are my family, my only family. That's why I promise myself I will return to this miserable town one day. Because whether they know it or not, they need me.

But I don't need them,

not anymore.

-----

Hello everyone!
That is the end of this book!

If you enjoyed this one, I do in fact have a second book!! Just check out my page to find it!

I have other dramas such as a teen wolf fanfiction and a "100" fanfiction!

Thank you for sticking with me all the way through the end!