Chapter Twenty-Eight

I roll around in my bed hearing my phone going off. It finally decides to stop just as my hand touches the small rectangular object. I look at my phone to see four missed calls from Klaus. What the fuck does he want? I call him back, moving so I was on my stomach and the phone was on my pillow.

"Finally" I hear his voice come through the speaker.

"What do you want Klaus?" I groan through my sleepy state.

"I need to talk to you" He comments.

"Okay? So talk" I rub my eyes as there is a silence on the phone.

"No, in person" He adds on as I groan.

"Fine; come to mine in ten" I say before hanging up so he didn't have the chance to change my mind. I get up stretching out my sore muscles but they soon relax as do I. I walk over to my cupboard pulling out a black, short playsuit. The sleeves were off the shoulder but hugged my upper arm. I run my hand through my hair, scratching my scalp softly as I sit at my desk, looking at my reflection. I put some powder on my sleepy face before some mascara. I put my elbow on the desk, leaning on my hand. I hear a knock at the door before hearing it squeak open.

"That was not ten minutes" I comment turning to see not Klaus, but instead, it was Stefan.

"Oh sorry, I thought it was someone else..." I mutter turning back in my chair as I look at my reflection once again.

"Let me guess, Klaus?" He guesses as I remain silent. The silence growing from me soon engulfs the room; that until Stefan clears his throat.

"I just wanted to check on you. You seemed really distant last night... Are you okay?" He asks me. I peer down at my hands, looking at the lines carved into my palms.

"Yeah; just been thinking" I shrug not in the mood to share my life story with him.

"Can I just say something...?" He whispers as if he didn't want me to hear it.

"What..." I hum.

"It's about Klaus... I know you must be really confused, not knowing why things have disappeared from your memories, especially in the last few weeks but-" He goes to say but I cut him off.

"How do you know that?" I raise an eyebrow as I turn to face him.

"What...?"

"I never once told you that I was missing things from my memories. How do you know that?" I question him.

"I... Maybe I should go" He mutters obviously nervous.

"Stefan" I go to stand but he is gone before I could blink. I let out a sigh as I sink into my seat. I hear someone clear their throat as I turn to see Klaus leaning against the door frame.

"Sorry I'm late love" He comments walking in.

"It's okay I wasn't aware of the time" I mutter feeling his presence behind me.

"So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" I roll my eyes towards him. I stand from my seat, folding my arms as I peer straight through his eyes and into his dead heart.

"I find you exciting and I want to be able to make other people's lives miserable with you. But; I find you're being held back by your emotions." He suddenly says as I look at him intrigued yet confused.

"I know you want your humanity off... Let me give that to you" He states as I stare at him unsure of what to say. I've wanted this for so long. I was too scared to do it to myself. I kind of like having my humanity back; but I don't merely have as much fun.