Chapter Twenty-Six

"How the hell did you get my number?" I say into the phone as Klaus listens on the other end.

"I have my ways" he replies as I get ready for school.

"How did you find last night?" He questions me as I place him on loudspeaker allowing me to change.

"It was... interesting..." I admit as I put on a different top.

"I must say, the you that came out last night was rather fun in my opinion. Shall I meet her again?" He questions. I go to reply but I get cut off by someone at the door.

"Hey we're leaving in 5" Stefan tells me as I nod. He leaves as I turn my attention back to the phone.

"Maybe" I shrug pulling my hair back into a messy ponytail.

"Could I interest you in another night of drinks?" He asks me.

"I'm not sure; last night wasn't me" I mutter as I do my shoes.

"Whatever you say Ana" he says as I don't reply.

"Anyway, I should let you live out your miserable life as a high school student." He comments as I roll my eyes.

"Wow thanks" I mutter as he chuckles over the phone.

"Bye" his voice becomes low before hanging up. I make sure everything is in my bag as I wander downstairs to Stefan as he too is on the phone. He looks my way before telling the person he must go.

"Ready?" He questions me.

"Yeah; who were you on the phone to?" I ask him curiously.

"It doesn't matter, let's go" He says as I follow him to the car. We drive to go pick Elena up as she slips into the back of the car.

"Hey" She smiles as I look back to see her sitting there in black jeans and a red shirt. A red shirt... Red; the colour of sweet, sweet blood. I could feel my eyes tingle as Elena stares at me worryingly. I turn back around, sinking in my seat. What the heck is happening to me?

"Did you guys hear about the party tonight at Tyler's house?"

"No, maybe Ana and I weren't invited. After all I'm not his favourite person at the moment" Stefan comments.

"It's open house, you don't even have to know him to go" She states.

"I'm down for a party" I adjust my position as I get excited. Stefan looks over at me before putting his eyes back on the road.

"Should be fun" Stefan says causing me to smile.

"Woow! Party!" I throw my hands in the air.

"Boo school!" I fold my arms as we turn into the car park causing Elena to giggle. I get out of the car staring at the buildings in front of me. I felt the exact same way I did on the first day I came here. Hatred. I walk towards the building as I enter down to the music room as that was what I had first. I sit in the quiet classroom looking at the piano covered in some dust. I wanted to go to it; I wanted to play it but... I couldn't feel the motivation, so instead I napped through the class, having the voice of my teacher go in and out of my ears as I slip in and out of consciousness. The bell rings, causing me to sit up as my eyes flutter open. I grab my bag as I exit the room and up into the main hallway where students pass one another to get to their other classes.

"Ana, hey, how are you?" I get stopped by that blonde that was friends with Stefan.

"Hi, I um, I'm good" I mutter as I begin talking to her.

"How is everything? I feel like we haven't spoken in ages" She says to me.

"Everything is... great actually. I thought that having my humanity was going to ruin my life. If anything, it's made it better" I state. The hall was now quiet as everyone had made their way to class and it was just the two of us talking.