Chapter Nineteen

"What made you fall in love with her?" I question Elijah as my head rests on his chest as I trace my fingers on the material of his shirt. It's around eight in the morning and the two of us have been awake for a while now, refusing to move from the bed.

"She was very charming... And back then her personality was something exciting." He explains as his fingers play with my messy hair.

"But she's such a bitch" I pout. 

"Back then she wasn't. She was just like any other woman you'd meet. Innocent, helpless... Time changed her" He says as I sigh.

"Do I remind you of her?" I ask.

"Oh god no Ana. If anything, you're the complete opposite. First time I met Katerina, she was shy and only communicated via eye contact. But first time I met you, oh god that was funny..." He begins to chuckle.

"What do you mean!" I groan.

"You didn't care that I was an original. You were so confident and I loved it. You're nothing like Katerina. She couldn't even compare to you" He states causing me to smile as I try to stop myself. There is a silence between us before he speaks up again.

"What about you? Who was your first love?" He questions me as I stare at the wall a head of me. I haven't openly spoken about Benjamin in so long.

"His um... His name was Benjamin Turner... He was a blacksmith and he loved me. He gave up everything for me... Even his life..." I whisper thinking about him.

"How did you guys meet?" He questions.

"He moved into Mystic Falls with his father when I was fourteen. We clicked straight away. He didn't care that I had money or that my father was powerful. He just wanted my company." I tell him.

"What happened to him?" He asks.

"Um..." I bite the inside of my cheek.

"He um... He was hung all because he loved me. I remember the day they took him away. God, I was so emotional" I laugh as I try to stop myself from allowing any other emotions come through.

"I bet" He whispers.

"It doesn't matter; it was over a hundred years ago. I was just a petty mortal" I comment as I sit up and peer down at him.

"A petty mortal?" He chuckles.

"Yes, now I am a vicious vampire!" I joke as I use my fingers to portray fangs as Elijah laughs.

"Ooh so vicious" he smirks as he sits up also, as I make hissing sounds.

"I'm so hot" I mutter as I pull my nose up like a pink.

"Sexy" He winks at me as I begin to laugh. I begin to pull more ugly faces as I try to keep the subject off my past.

"Are you hungry? I'm hungry" I suddenly say as I go to get up but Elijah grabs my wrist.

"Why are you so afraid of talking about your past?" He questions me as I stare into his brown eyes.

"I'm not afraid. I just think that reminiscing in the past is a waste of time" I twist the truth to fit my argument. I jump off the bed, wandering over to the door. I look back over my shoulder to Elijah, placing my hand on the door knob.

"Coming?" I raise an eyebrow as I watch as he smirks at me, moving off the bed as I smile widely, opening the door as I race into the hallway. I look behind me to see he is not there as I look back to where I was heading before squealing out of fright. I bump into Elijah as I peer up at him as he smiles down in my defeat.