Chapter 11 - Not so perfect

Sarah's POV

My father and I were in the garden. I folded my arms over my chest nervously.

"Do you love him this much?" He asked me, trying to calm down.

I nodded, biting my lower lip. He sighed, shaking his head.

"I love him so much, Dad. I am sorry. I should tell you, but..." I gave him an apologetic look.

"I can not say I am so happy about it. Yes, he is a good guy. But I heard about his nightlife. And I am worried about you." He breathed deeply as he continued. "But.... if you are happy with him, it is enough for me. And do not forget I am by your side." He stated, giving me a tender smile.

"I love you, Dad." I confessed happily, hugging him. I was so relieved.

"I think, tomorrow I am going back alone." He commented in amusement. I smiled at him.

"I will miss you, my mother and brother."

"Be happy, dear. And if he will do something wrong to you, tell me. I will make him regret it." He said with a serious expression. I smiled as I nodded.

We went back to the living room. Dimitri and his father were not here. Valentina told me they were talking in the study room.

My father and Valentina's husband were talking in the garden. Valentina and I were in the living room.

"How far along are you pregnant?" Valentina asked me in a low voice. I looked at her, puzzled.

"I am not." I replied, blushing. She looked at me, surprised.

"Sorry. I thought you were. You got married so early because of that, I thought you were. And of course, I did not wait for Dimitri to marry so quickly." She commented, giving me an amused smile. I gave her a slight smile.

Suddenly, we heard a loud noise. Someone slammed the door.

Dimitri walked into the living room. He looked frustrated.

"We are going." He snapped at me, grabbing my wrist.

"What happened, Dima?" Valentina asked, worried.

Dimitri did not say anything. He walked out in quick steps, dragging me out with him. He was holding my wrist tightly. It was hurting.

"Dimitri, what happened?"

He did not answer me. He opened the door for me. I got in the car. He slammed the door, making me jolt. He got in the car and started driving.

He was driving too fast.

Why is he frustrated? Doesn't his father approve of our marriage? But he looked so happy.

"Dimitri! You are driving too fast." I warned, scared.

He gave me a mocking smirk.

"Does your father not approve of our marriage?" I asked, looking at him.

He clenched his jaw.

"No, he is too happy." He murmured mockingly.

What this means?

He stopped the car. We got out of the car. As soon as we walked into the penthouse, he poured whiskey into a glass and drank it in one sip. Then he took his jacket and tie off.

I walked towards him. He poured himself a glass of whiskey again. I placed my hand on his arm.

"Dimitri, tell me. What happened? You are not looking fine." I said, concerned.