Chapter 17 - The past

Sarah's POV

"I am going to be a father?!" He stated, looking at the shoes.

He lifted his head up and looked into my eyes. The spark of joy appeared in his eyes. He placed the shoes on the bed and stood up. He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around.

"I am going to be a father." He repeated happily.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, laughing happily. He set me down on my feet and cupped my cheeks.

"I love you." He confessed and brushed his lips against mine.

He pulled back, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I love you too." I said.

He placed his hand on my stomach and stroked it gently. He pulled back a little and kissed my lips passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his hair. He started unzipping my dress. He moved his lips down to my neck, removing my dress.

We were laying on the bed. He placed his head on my stomach, caressing it gently. I was stroking his hair. I felt so happy.

****

When I woke up, Dimitri was telling our son a fairy tale, caressing my baby bump. Time flew so quickly; I was eight months pregnant now. We were going to have a boy. After learning about my pregnancy, Dimitri told our son fairy tales every day. He was so caring, affectionate towards us.

I stroked his hair. "Good morning."

He lifted his head up and smiled at me. "Morning, kiska."

He put a tender kiss on my lips.

"Let's have lunch together today." He suggested, stroking my cheek with his thumb. I nodded in agreement.

"Great. The driver will fetch you to the company. There is a new Italian restaurant near the company. Their food is delicious. You should try."

"Ok. I can't wait." I admitted, caressing my bump.

I arrived at the company and went to his room. I knocked on his door and walked in.

When he saw me, he stood up, smiling.

"Hey." I smiled at him.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my lips.

"I missed you" He said as he pulled his lips away.

"So do I." I admitted as I caressed his cheek.

"Hey, buddy, what are you doing here?" He said, grinning while stroking my bump.

"Kicking his mother." I replied, grinning. He smiled, placing a soft kiss on my stomach.

"I will grab my phone, and we can leave." He said. I nodded.

He went towards his desk and grabbed his phone.

"Let's go." He held my hand as we walked out.

Suddenly, he stopped as we saw a woman in the hallway. He clenched his jaw as he was squeezing my hand tightly.

"Sir..." His secretary wanted to say something, but she stopped under his intimidating gaze.

"Dimitri." The woman walked closer to us, looking at him sadly.

She was about in her late forties, but she looked younger than her age; she was beautiful and feminine in her black elegant wrap dress.

"Mom?" Dimitri mumbled; it was barely audible.

Of course, it was her.

She looked like him, especially with her green eyes in the same shades of green like Dimitri and Valentina's eyes.

He tightened his grip; it hurt my hand.

"Dimitri, you are hurting me." I whispered, trying to pull my hand.

He looked at my hand, dumbfounded, unaware of his tight grip. Then he released my hand.

"We need to talk." The woman stated.

Dimitri sighed deeply and looked at me as he said. "Sarah, give me a minute, please." He traveled his eyes from me to her. "It will not take long." He added bitterly.

I nodded. He walked into his office without waiting for her. She gave me a slight smile and followed him.

Dimitri's POV

She was here. Standing in front of me like nothing has happened. After all these years. What does she want? Why did she come back?

All these questions were repeating in my mind. I sat down on my seat. She walked in, closing the door behind her.

"What do you want? I don't have so much time." I stated dryly.

"I wanted to see you. I missed you, Dimitri." She said, giving me a warm smile. That smile which remembered me about my happy childhood.

I shook my head like I wanted to get rid of these thoughts. I looked at her as I said mockingly. "Really?!"

Is she thinking that after all these years when she comes back, I will hug her and say that I missed her?

She gave me a sad smile.

"Dimitri...."

"What do you want?" I interrupted her as I asked, emphasizing each word.

When she wanted to come closer, I raised my hand as I demanded. "Don't!"

"Dimitri, please. I need to explain to you."

I laughed mockingly. "Don't you think you are late for fucking twenty years?!" I barked at her as I stood up.

"I am sorry." She said; her eyes filled with tears.

"For what?! Do you know how I felt after you had left? Let me tell you. I had screwed my life. I even put my marriage in danger for what....." I gave a disgusting look. "Out of reason. I searched for you. But you ran every time. I thought it was for my father who had threatened you, but...." I gave her a fake smile. "I was waiting for you every damn day. Now you came like nothing has happened." I shook my head. "Now go! I do not need you in my life anymore. I do not want to see you. Get out of here!" I barked at her.

"Dimitri..."

"Get out of here!" I shouted.

She left without saying anything.

I pushed everything off the desk, making it shattered across the floor.

Sarah's POV

I was waiting for him in the hall. I felt worried and nervous; he didn't look fine. I heard his voice through the door. As if our baby felt about all of these, he was moving actively and kicking me hard, making me hurt. I caressed my bump, trying to calm down.

Several minutes later, the door opened. The woman left his office, crying.

When she saw me, she walked closer to me, wiping her tears off her cheeks with the back of her hand.

"You must be Sarah." She said, giving me a slight smile.

I nodded as I stood up.

She looked at my belly, smiling.

"How far along are you?" She asked without taking her eyes off my stomach.

"Eight months." I replied, caressing my baby bump.

"Nice to meet you, Sarah." She said and left without waiting for my answer.

I watched her leave, but suddenly, I heard noises coming from Dimitri's office.