Chapter 22 - Old habits

Dimitri's POV

"Dimitri, calm down!" My father demanded.

"How?!" I barked. "How?! When the woman who I love desperately hates me." I added.

"You should leave. Both of you need to calm down." He commented.

"No! I am not going anywhere." I protested.

"Dima, she doesn't want to see you now."

"I will not leave, Dad. I will stay beside her and my baby."

"She has the risk of premature birth." My father informed.

"What?" I asked, terrified.

"The doctor said that it is dangerous for the baby. She should stay away from stress. Do you understand me? Now leave. When she accepts to see you, I will inform you."

"No, Dad....I can not leave them alone. I want to be beside them." I said desperately.

"Dimitri, she doesn't want to see you. And I will do everything to protect my grandchild. Even if the cost is that I keep you away from them."

"You can not do it. They are my family. My wife and my son." I snapped.

"Then, think about their health."

I frowned, running my hand through my hair angrily.

I stormed out of the hospital. I got in my car. Nikolai got in my car too.

"Get out of the car!" I barked.

"No. I can not leave you alone when you are in this state. Where are you going?"

"To kill someone." I snapped as I started the car.

I parked the car in front of Alyona's building. I got out of the car and rushed into the apartment building. Nikolai came after me, calling me, but I didn't stop.

I was banging on the door.

"Open the damn door, Alyona!" I shouted.

As soon as she opened the door, I barged in as I strangled her throat, pushing her back against the wall. She was trying to release my grip. Her face got red.

"Dimitri, stop! You are going to kill her." Nikolai shouted as he was trying to pull me away, but I tightened my grip around her throat.

"Dimitri!" Nikolai pulled me away.

Alyona slid down against the wall as she held her throat, choking.

"Give me his address, or I will kill you!" I barked at her.

Nikolai was standing between us, placing his hands on my chest, trying to keep me away from her.

"Tell me!" I shouted.

"Let go of me, Nikolai!" I pushed him away and approached her. I grabbed her arm tightly.

"Who is that bastard? I know about your plan. I will kill you and him." I was shaking her.

"Dimitri, please...." She begged.

"Tell me!"

"Oleg, my cousin."

After she had given me his address, I left her house.

As soon as that bastard opened the door, I punched him. He lost his balance and fell down. I started to hit his stomach.

Nikolai pulled me back. "Dimitri, stop!"

"Nikolai, don't intervene. I will kill him." I barked, looking at the man laying on the floor, bleeding.

Nikolai dragged me out.

"Stop! That is enough."

I breathed deeply. "My son can...." I muttered, closing my eyes. "Because of them!"

"I know, but you should calm down. Sarah and your son need you. Beside them, not in the jail." He tapped my shoulder. "Now, give me your car key. I will drop you off. You drive like crazy, I want to live." He chuckled.

Sarah's POV

When I opened my eyes, the sun was shining through the windows. I was in the mansion. I left the hospital this morning. I sat up on the bed and rubbed my stomach.

I saw my suitcase in the bedroom. Yesterday, I told Uncle Sergei that I wouldn't go back to the penthouse. I wasn't ready to see Dimitri's face nor hear his voice. Uncle Sergei said he was going to send someone to bring me some clothes and personal stuff.

I stood up and went to the bathroom. After taking a shower, I put my clothes on. Then I went downstairs.

When I was about to go to the living room, I saw Nikolai sitting on the couch. When he saw me, he stood up as he greeted me.

"Hi." I greeted him as I sat down on the couch. He joined me.

"How do you feel?" He asked, concerned.

"I am fine. Thanks."

"Olga is worried about you too. She wanted to come, but the babysitter has day off. She couldn't let our daughter alone."

"Don't worry. I am fine. How is your daughter? " I asked, giving him a slight smile.

"She is fine. Thanks." He cleared his throat and said. "Umm...Dimitri..."

"Nikolai, please. I don't want to hear anything about him." I interrupted him.

"Sarah, I know you are angry at him, and you are right. But he feels bad. He really regrets what he has done. It is Alyona. She planned all of these."

I raised my eyebrow at him with an inquiring look. "Alyona?"

He told me about everything. Now my anger had doubled. He trusted his ex-girlfriend more than his wife.

"He was like a wild animal yesterday. I barely hold him back. If I wasn't with him yesterday, he probably would be in a jail now. He barged in her house. As he strangled her, I intervened. Then, he went to her cousin's house and beat him. That bastard's face was totally in blood. And the last time I had checked, he was telling his men to banish them from the city to Siberia." He said with an amused smile, shaking his head.

"Oh..Sarah. You are here." Uncle Sergei walked toward us.

After having lunch together, I went to the bathroom. When I was coming back to the living room, I heard Nikolai and Uncle Sergei talking.

"Doesn't he pick up your call too?" Uncle Sergei asked.

"No." Nikolai sighed.

"Ugh. This boy will be the death of me." Uncle Sergei said, annoyed.

"Don't worry, Uncle. Probably, he is drinking somewhere." Nikolai commented, trying to reassure him.

Probably, they were talking about Dimitri. Despite my anger, I got worried about him.

Where is he?

"I am afraid that he will go back to his damn friends and his previous habits." Uncle Sergei said, worried.

I didn't understand.

What habits? What are they talking about?