Chapter 21 - Regret

Sarah's POV

When I opened my eyes, I was in the hospital. The last thing that I had remembered was we were going to the hospital. Then, I must have fainted.

"Sarah, how do you feel?" Uncle Sergei asked, worried.

I placed my hand on my stomach anxiously.

"My baby?" I asked, trying to sit up.

"He is fine. Don't worry." He replied tenderly. "You should rest. Lie down. The doctor will come." He added.

I nodded. I was so worried about my baby. If something happened to him, I wouldn't forgive Dimitri nor myself.

A few minutes later, the doctor walked in.

"Sarah, how do you feel now?" She asked.

"Better. Is my baby fine?" I wanted to be sure.

"...There is the risk of premature birth. And it is dangerous for the baby. You should avoid everything that causes you stress, and lie as much as possible without standing so long." The doctor informed.

Dimitri's POV

My father called me again. I hadn't been picking up his calls. I turned off my phone. I didn't want to hear anything about Sarah.

I poured whiskey for myself again.

The elevator door opened.

"Hey, Dima." Nikolai walked in.

"Hey." I muttered. "Would you like to drink something?" I asked, pointing to my glass.

He nodded. I poured whiskey for him and handed him the glass as I sat down on the couch.

He sipped his drink as he was looking around.

"Looking for someone?" I asked sarcastically.

Nikolai raised his eyebrow curiously. "How is Sarah?"

Finally, he spilled the beans. Sarah. Sarah. The name that had made my heart melt before, but now it was just irritating me.

"To hell with her." I snapped carelessly and sipped my drink.

He looked at me, puzzled. Then, he shook his head, sighing.

"What have you done again?" He asked, annoyed.

Me? Why does everybody think that it is me who does bad things? Of course, she is an angel without wings.

I tightened my grip around my glass. My jaw clenched.

"I did nothing. Your precious angel cheated on me with some bastard." I barked angrily.

He looked at me, trying to understand what I had told. Then, he burst out laughing.

"Really?!" He said mockingly.

I looked at him with a grave glare. He stopped laughing.

"What the hell are you talking about, Dima? Are you drunk?"

I closed my eyes as I breathed in deeply. I stood up and went towards the drawer. I pulled the photos out of the drawer and extended the photos to him. He took the photos and looked at them attentively. Then, a smile appeared on his face.

"Is it all?" He asked, shaking the photos in his hand.

I raised my eyebrow. "Isn't it enough?" I asked mockingly. "Don't you see it?!"

"I see and know what has happened there because I was there too."

I looked at him, puzzled.

He breathed in deeply, and he told me about that night. I couldn't believe my ears. I was shocked as well as happy. I hated myself.

Damn it! What the hell have I done? I totally screwed up.

"Shit! Shit!" I hissed.

"Where did you find these photos?" He asked.

"Alyona." I replied and sighed.

He rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"Really, Dima?! I thought you were wise. You don't know her?! She is capable of doing everything to get into your bed again. Damn it!"

"I know. I know. But when I saw these photos, I got fucking jealous. I felt betrayed. I couldn't think properly. Thinking someone touched her, kissed her...." I shook my head. "I fucked up. I told her awful things." I ran my hand through my hair. "Even I told her that the baby isn't mine." I felt awful thinking what I had told her.

"What?! Dima how could you think that she...." He stopped without finishing his sentence, shaking his head with a disapproving look on his face.

"Where is she now?" He asked.

"In the mansion. My father saw her in front of the building last night...after I have thrown her out." I replied, feeling guilty.

Nikolai clenched his jaw.

"I am holding myself hard not to punch you, dude." He admitted.

"I will not stop you if you do. Trust me." I confessed.

I grabbed my phone and turned on it. My phone buzzed again and again.

Pick up the damn phone, Dimitri!

Dimitri, it is important. Call me.

We are in the hospital. Sarah felt bad.

My eyes widened. Immediately, I called him.

Please, God, don't let anything happen to them.

"What happened, Dima?" Nikolai asked, worried.

"Sarah. She is in the hospital." I responded as I grabbed my jacket.

I headed towards the elevator.

"I am coming too." Nikolai followed me.

Finally, my father picked up the phone.

"Dad, how is Sarah? Is the baby fine?" I asked anxiously.

"Finally, they come into your mind." He replied bitterly.

"Dad! How are they? Please, tell me. Where are you now? Which hospital?" I asked, devastated as Nikolai and I got in my car.

My father told me the address. I hung up the phone as I was speeding up.

Finally, we arrived at the hospital. I rushed towards her room. Nikolai followed me. I walked into the room.

"Sarah. Are you okay? How is our baby? I was fucking worried." I said anxiously as I placed my hand on the top of her hand on her stomach.

She pulled her hand away.

"Our baby? Did you lose your memory? The last time I had checked you were shouting that he was not yours, calling him bastard." She said bitterly, looking at me with pure anger and sadness in her eyes.

"Sarah, I am sorry. I felt jealous and betrayed. I couldn't think properly."

"You should trust me. I am your damn wife! But you preferred to believe those damn photos!" She yelled at me. "Now, leave! Get out of here! I don't want to see your face. I hate you. I hate you." She shouted at me.

"Sarah... "

"Get out of here!"

"Dimitri, leave, please. And you Sarah, calm down. Please, remember what the doctor has said." My father intervened.

"Dad..."

He placed his hand on my shoulder, pulling me out with him. I walked out. I ran my hand through my hair angrily.

"Damn it!" I hissed as I punched the wall.