Chapter 46

-[Y/N] Pov-
Eliza makes us dinner and we sit at the table. There's an awkward silence until Alex breaks it.

"So [Y/N], this is kinda weird to lay on you when you just got home, but I've been talking to President Washington," Alex starts. "He said that if you want to, you can work with me as secretary of treasury in our government. What do you say?"

"Let me think about it for a second," I say. Hmm... I may get made fun of for being a girl in the government, but... being the FIRST GIRL IN THE GOVERNMENT! HELL YEAH! "OF COURSE I WILL!"

"Really?!" He asks.

"Duh! It would be cool to see what goes on behind the scenes!" I said.

"So tomorrow, we need to be at /insert place here because I'm uneducated/ really early tomorrow. I was told that we need to meet Mr. Jefferson tomorrow. We also need to debate about a financial system. I'll give you the details about the financial system tonight," he says. I nod. And we go back to eating.

After dinner Alex and I start discussing the financial system and I tell him that if it's okay with him, I'll be sleeping over John's house. He says that's fine.

"[Y/N], I'm going home now, of you still want to come with me," John says.

"Oh yeah, see ya Alex!" I say and hug him. "I'll see you tomorrow!"

John and I walk out of the house and start heading to his house.

"I'm glad that you're back, I've missed you so much," he says. I smile. "Where did you go?"

"I kinda just slept on the ground in alleyways," I responded. Should I tell him that I was a prostitute? As if on que, this older man walks past us and grabs my ass. I gasp and turn around.

"Heeeyyy baby, how about you ditch this man and we go back to my place? I'll pay you double," he says. I slap him.

"What the fuck?! No!" I yell at him. He goes to hit me but John steps in and punches the guy in the face.

"Keep your hands off my girl!" He yells.

"Well, your 'girl'," he does air quotes. "Is a prostitute."

Then the man runs away. Shit, whelp, it's out. But wait, John referred to me as "his girl" I blush and look away, even though this isn't the right moment.

"Let's get home," John says angrily. "We have to talk."