Chapter 65

-Time has passed, I'm not sure how much, but their in South Carolina now-

-[Y/N] Pov-
It's been a long ride. I talked to Frances, she said that she doesn't really hate me anymore. She explained that the way her mom put it, it sounded like I knew he was married but got with him anyways.

Basically, she's been nicer to me, but she acts mean when her mother is around.

Her mom forced me out of the carriage and locked me in a room. There's nothing in here other than me, a carpet, and the door.

The only thing Martha lets me out to do is to go to the bathroom. I hate this, the only things that keep me sane is the hope to see John, Alex, Eliza, Angelica, my niece and nephews, and Peggy, the hope to have my baby live a good life and just live in general, and my talks with Frances everyday.

Please, someone save me.

-John Pov-
Alright, Alex and I found a carriage and we finally made it to South Carolina. I decided that it was better to go with someone other than going by myself. It's good to play it safe.

We pull up to my old house. Alex pays the man and tells him that we will be back. He nods and puts the wagon near another house. We start walking but I stop. Alex looks back at me.

"Scared?" He teases.

"Maybe, I mean... no. I'm not," I say. I start walking again. When we reach the door I take a deep breath and knock.

Almost as soon as I was done knocking, Martha opened the door and pulled me into a giant hug.

"John! I'm so glad you came back to me!" Martha yells.

"Yeah yeah, where's [Y/N]?" I ask, pushing her away. Martha's smile dropped.

"That bitch, her name is [Y/N]... that's an ugly name for an ugly bitch. Then I guess it fits!" She smiles at her "revelation".

I look over at Alex and his face is lit up with anger. Martha looks at him.

"Ohh! You found Frances a suiter! How nice!" She says.

"No! He's way to old for her! He's also married and has 6 children!" I say.

"Also! No one calls my sister a bitch!" Alex says.

"Whoops, I just did. Also, sister? HA! You coming here to see her... or 'save' her or whatever won't happen. The bitch is long gone," She says. I look at Alex.

Everyone is silent for a moment. Alex and I stare at each other. A fire lit in his eyes.

"You want the bitch right?" She asks. We nod. "Well, step inside then."

She moves out of the way and we walk inside.