Chapter 62

-John's Pov-
I read the letter out loud. I figured, I'm the only one in the room. It's fine.
"Dear John,
I do hope you come back to us soon. Your daughter really misses you, as do I. If you ignore this letter like you did the rest, I will come up there and find you if I have to use force, I will. I know we don't have the happiest of marriages, but I feel we could work on it. Like I said before, I won't hesitate to use force. And don't try to make me think you're dead, I know you're not. And I would leave that little bitch of yours. It would be a shame if something happened to her. Anyways, we hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,
Your wife, Martha"
(I swear everyone in this time was married to a Martha)

I tear up the note. If she so lays a finger on [Y/N]....

"John?" [Y/N] asks. I look at her.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Are you alright? You look... angry," she says.

"Sorry, it's just something that's going on. I promise that I'll tell you once it's all over," I say.

"Oh... okay," she turns and walks out.

STUPID! I'M SO STUPID! Why did I leave poor Frances with her? It must be a living hell for her... I should've broken things off when I had the chance.

When things seem like they're getting better, they always get worse. If she comes for me, she'll probably bring Frances. I can take Frances and break things off with Martha. Frances will have a better life here. We'll see.

-[Y/N] Pov-
Is John cheating on me? I'm not sure. Is he hiding something? Obviously. John probably thinks that not telling me will keep me calm, but it's the exact opposite.

I slump on the couch and look down at my shaking hands. Philip sits closer to me.

"Auntie...." Philip starts.

"I just want you to know that whatever happens, I'll always be with you..." I say.

I can't believe that John already had a wife and child... and I thought that it was really bad that I only cheated once! He's been cheating on her for a month! I'm the mistress! What the fuck!!

I don't know how to take all this in... His wife is going to do something to me?! Oh no oh no oh lord please help me!

No, the lord can't help me anymore... if he's up there he must be upset with everything I've done... he can't help me, no one can.

"C'mon Philip, lets go get dressed, so we can drop you off at home," I say.

"I thought pops was gonna come pick me up... what's wrong? Are you and Uncle John going to break up?" Philip asks.

"N-no, I just wanna get out of the house for a little," I let out a fake smile. Philip smiles, but it doesn't seem like he was fooled. He ran into the guest room and I walked into mine.