Death's Messenger (Kakashi Love Story)

I ignore the pain in my chest and legs and keep running, I have to lose them I won't let them take me away again... Back to that horrible place.

"We know your out there Hotaru! We will find you there is no point in playing these foolish games!" His voice cuts through the trees but I can tell that he is still quite a distance away. He is right though, I will never be able to outrun them, not in the condition I am in at least and I don't have enough chakra to use my Kekkei Genkai right now... Damn it!

Maybe I have enough to summon... It is worth the risk.

I bite on my thumb and make the hand signs then press my hand against the ground summoning my faithful companion Kaida. She stretches out easily reaching the top of the trees and looks at me confused.

"Hotaru! It has been so long since you summoned me I was beginning to think you had forgotten me." She said in her smooth voice.

"It is a long story Kaida but there are two men chasing me and I need you to hold them off while I escape can you do that? I will explain everything later!" I say as fast as I can and impatiently wait for an answer.

"Of course! Anyone who tries to harm you will not get away with it Ryu no Ojyo! Run and summon me later when you are safe!" She growls turning her smooth voice into a rough intimidating one, I smile gratefully and then take off at full speed trying to put as much distance between myself and her, I don't want to be caught in the line of fire... literally!

I continue running but soon slow down, my chakra is getting dangerously low if I don't ease back the end result could be deadly...

I freeze in place when I sense movement to my left, I slowly pull out a kunai from my weapon holder and stand in a fighting stance. I jump out of the way and the kunai barely misses me. Damn it! Ninja!!

"State your business in the land of fire." I hear a steady male voice speak and I turn around to see a man from the Hidden Leaf with white spiky hair that defies gravity and a mask covering his face. I notice his head band also covering his left eye.

"Please I need your help! I am not a rouge nin!" I say between gasps from running for so long. I see him study my face for a few moments and sigh in relief when he nods his head.

"Alright Naruto, Sakura, Sai you can come out now." He states and I look to my left to see a boy with spiky blonde hair and an orange and black jumpsuit jump out with a goofy grin on his face, beside him is a girl with short pink hair and beside her is a boy who looks as white as paper and has hair as black as ink.

"haha don't worry miss we will help you! Dattebayo!" The orange jumpsuit guy says... I think I will call him tigger, he even has the cat whiskers!

"We will escort you to the Hidden Leaf and I will take you to see our Hokage." White haired guy says and I nod and smile gratefully.

"Uhh do you guys have any water though? I have not drank anything in at least one day and my throat is kiling me." I ask the white haired nin and he nods to tigger and tigger takes a water jug out of his pack and hands it to me. I gulp the water down greedily and even get the last few drops then hand it back to him with a sheepish smile.

"I hope we aren't far from your village..." I say quietly and tigger looks at the jug with wide eyes and then gives me a goofy smile.

"Naw don't worry about it we are only about twenty minutes away!" He laughs and starts to walk up ahead with whitey. I follow closely and smile politely at Pinky and Paper boy.

"So what is your name and where are you from?" Whitey asks me slowing down to my pace, he looks at me curiously with his eye.

"I am from the Land of Water but I have no home, my name is Hotaru Kinimachi." I give him my real name knowing he won't be able to find any info on me anyway. No one except for those bad guys have any idea I even exist and if people found out... Things could end badly.