Chapter 12

Alright so here is chapter 12  :) this is one was actually quite fun to write so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

I slide my hand over the smooth pillow beside me and frown when I realize that there should be a head there…

I open my eyes and sit up and frown at the note sitting where he should be. I pick it up with a sigh and read it quickly

Hotaru,

Sorry but Tsunade needed to see me it was urgent. I should be back soon :)

Kakashi

I sigh and drop the note and stand up beside the bed. It has been two weeks since I told showed him my past and I feel almost as though I have never been closer to someone. Unfortunately his new apartment is a one bedroom though so we have had to share a bed which can be kind of awkward…

I walk to out to the kitchen slowly and I pour myself some coffee, Kakashi doesn’t understand how I can drink this stuff but it wakes me up.

I sit down at the table but grab some bread and begin to nibble on it. Ever since we got back to Konoha everyone has been so busy with the upcoming war. It is scary to think about, especially with Kakashi leading one of the groups.

My eyes go wide and I face palm myself when I remember what today is.

Shit!! Today is the day where Naruto sets out for his special journey!

I run into my room and I quickly throw some black shorts and a white T-Shirt on. I run out of the apartment and barely miss getting hit by a man carrying a huge log. I start to make my way toward the Village gates and can only hope that he hasn’t left yet. I want to be able to say goodbye to my Tigger!

I reach the gates and I sigh in relief when I see Kakashi, Sakura, and Tsunade standing with Naruto, Yamato, Gai, and another ninja I don’t recognise.

I jog over to them and Naruto’s face lights up when he sees me.

“Hotaru-Sensei! I was starting to get worried that you weren’t going to show!” He says and I smile and pull him into a hug.

“I would never let you leave on a huge journey and not say goodbye!” I say and I stand back and smile at him.

I look at the others to see them giving me weird looks but Gai of course has those stupid little hearts in his eyes.

“Hotaru-Sama! I am so happy that you came to say goodbye to me!” He gushes and I roll my eyes.

“Now nothing will stop this journey from being a success since I have the power of love flowing through me!” He says with a goofy smile and my eyebrow twitches.

Jeez what a creep.

“I didn’t come here to see you baka!” I shout and he ignores me and starts to move closer to me with his lips puckered.

“How about a good luck kiss my beautiful Hotaru?” He says and he closes his eyes and he starts to move toward me faster and I feel myself start to panic.

OH GOD HE IS INCHES FROM MY FACE!!! HIM AND THOSE CATERPILLAR EYEBROWS!!

“Mwah Mwah Mwah! I hope you are ready to feel the power of the legendary green beast of Konoha!” He says and he giggles creepily and leans in. I throw my fist at his face and send him flying into a tree just outside the gates.

He stands up with the same goofy grin on his face and he comes running back over to me.

“Only someone as powerful as you could be loved by me!” He says and he giggles again and I shiver.