Talent Show: Part 2

*** 2 weeks later ***

**~**~** Angelique's P.O.V **~**~**

"Omg! It's talent show day!" Squealed Sophie.

I just laughed at her as we were heading inside the performing arts center at the high school.

It was still during school hours so it was quiet on campus.

"So it's the school performances today right?" Asked Sophie.

"Yeah. Then Friday it's the judging performances. and awards." I replied.

"Oh! Okay." She said while her, Eldoris and Cordelia were sitting in the front row.

I went backstage with Kenzie to get ready.

"Hey seestur." Kenzie said as she saw me walking towards her.

"Hi... I'm a bit nervous."

"Don't be. I used to be. But you'll be fine."

I just nodded while looking down.

"I've been practicing with the karaoke music on my iPod."

"Okay... Good. I've been practicing too." I said kinda shaky to her.

"Do you want to rehearse one more time while we're getting dressed into our costumes?" She asked trying to take  my mind off my nerves.

"S-sure."

We went inside the dressing room and played the CD and we rehearsed as we were getting dressed.

There was bout 15 people in front of us that needed to perform. We were last though. But I felt good about our performance.

I finished our hair and makeup and I took off my hat and held it in my hand and we went outside from the back and sat in the front row to watch the other people in front of us perform.

When it got close to our turn, we went backstage and got ready. I put my witch hat on and we each got our microphones. The person that just performed wished us luck and we went towards the front of the stage.

I peeked my head out the curtains slightly and looked around at all the lightly chattering students. And then I saw a certain person.

I gasped and rushed towards Kenzie in a panic. 

"He's here! He's here I saw him!" I whispered to her. "What do I do?!"

I looked at her in the eyes and she put her hand on my shoulder.

"... Just sing your heart out..."

I calmed down and a did a half smile. She smiled back at me and hugged me. 

I got into place and we cued the curtain guy.

The curtains moved out of the way and I looked around.

All eyes were on us.

The music started a few seconds afterwards... And I started singing.

(Regular words like this: Angelique Are Angelique's parts.  Slanted words like this:  Kenzie  Are Kenzie's parts. And bold and slanted words like this:  Both    Are both Kenzie and Angelique singing together.)

"I'm liiimiteeeed... Just look at me... I'm liiimmiiteeeed. And just look at you, you can do all I couldn't doooo Gliiinndaaa. So now it's up to yooouuu. Now it's up toooo yoooouuuu."

I looked at Kenzie and she started singing at her part.

"I've heard it said.... That people come into our liiives.. For a reeeaasooon. Bringing something we must leearn. And we are led. To those who help us most to grooow. If weee let theem... Then we help them in reetuuuurrrnn. Well I don't knooow if I belieeeve that's truuuee. But I know I'm who I am today becaauuse I kneeew yooouuuu. Like a comet puuulled from orbit. As it passes the suuuun. Like a streeaam that meets a boouulllder halfway through the woooooood. Who can saay if I've been chaaanged for the beetter? But... becauuuse I kneew yooou... I have been chaaaaaanged... For good."

After it went back to me.

"It weeelll maybeee... That we wiiilll never meeet agaaiin in this liiifetiiime.. So let me saay before we paaaarrrt. So much of meee, is made of what Ileearned from yoouu. You'll beee wiith meee... Like a handpriiint on myyy heeeaaaarrrtt. So now what eveer waay ooouuur stooories end. I know you have rewritten mine by beeeiinnng myyy frieeennd... Like a ship blooown from it's mooring.. By a wind ooofff the seeaaa. Like a seed dropped by a skyybiiirrrd in the distaannnt wooooooood. Who can saay if I've been chaaaanged for the betteeeer? But, because I kneeew yooouuu."

"Because I kneeewww yooouuu."

Then it was both of us.

"I haaavee beeen chaaaanged for gooood."

"And just to cleeaarr the aiir. I ask.. Forgivness.. Of the thiings III've dooone you blaaame me fooor."

"But then I guess we knooow there's blaaame to shaaare."

"And none of it seems to matter

"Anymooooooooooooooooorrrre. Like a comet pulled from orbit. As it passes the suuun."

"AnymoooooooooooOOOOOOOOORREEEE. Like a ship blow from it's mooring by a wiind off the seea."

"Like a streeaam that meeeets a bouldeerr halfway through the woooooooood."

                                       "Like a seed drooopped by a biiirrd in the woooooooood."

"Who caan saaayyy if I've beeen chaaanged fooor the beetteerrr?... I doo belieeevee I haave beeen chaaanged foooor the beetteer."

"And... Because I kneeeww yooouuu."

"Beeeccaaauuuussseee I kneeew yooouu."

Me and Kenzie looked at each other as we started tearing up a bit. We held hands.

"Beeeecaaaaaauuuuuussseeee IIIII kneeewww yooouuuu... I haaavee  beeen chaaaaaaaaaaannnnnngggeeeeddd....... Foor.... Gooooooooooooooooooood."

As we were still singing the last note together, we smiled and hugged each other.

After we hugged we pulled away and we looked and smiled at the audience. Everybody was cheering.

I was smiling as I was looking around. Then I saw him. He was standing and cheering. My smile went away for a few seconds after he spotted me looking at him. He looked at me and saw my face. I gasped and looked away back at Kenzie. I smiled again and we held hands and bowed. 

After we bowed, the drama teacher came up to the stage and the audience quieted.

"Wow!" He started to say while looking at me and Kenzie.

Me and Kenzie smiled and laughed. And there was a few people whoo-ing as he said that.

"Who knew we had such talent? Kenzie and Angelique, that was amazing."

"Thank you." We said together.

"Just amazing. Well, everybody was amazing today!" The audience started cheering again.

"Well, this is going to be a really tough decision for our judges. Well, everybody. We're going to have a 5 minute break and then we're gunna come back and pick our finalists! Then we'll see who gets the loudest applause. So hang tight and we'll be back!" 

He used his arm to point to us one more time and we bowed again together and the audience cheered and clapped one more time.

The curtains closed and I let out my breath and turned to Kenzie.

"Oh. My. GOSH!" I squealed as I jumped and hugged Kenzie. We both started laughing and jumping while we were hugging each other.

"That was so awesome and adrenaline rushing!" She exlaimed as we were going to the back.