And They're Off

**~**~** Kenzie's P.O.V **~**~**

"O...kay?" Said Angelique's mom.

"Then... How are you guys here on... land?..." Asked my mom.

"Mom!" I said.

"It's okay Kenzie." Cordelia said to me.

"I'm sorry. I'm just curious. It's not like I've met mermaids from birth before." My mom said.

"Well, me and Eldoris were traveling..." Cordelia started saying. "We wanted to go travel around the world. But none of our families wanted to go with us. So we waited for a while. But when we were about 13 or 14, the sirens tried to take over the ocean with the tempest. They were trying to set ridiculous rules that if they weren't obeyed... There would be consequences. And since Sirena's father is the king of their realm, she thought she could try to take over.... Everybody wanted to do something to stop them... but they were just too scared to try to do it because of the consequences... And... because of the sirens.... if someone tried to stop them, there would be death consequences..."

Me and Angelique swallowed and looked at each other.

"So... With the training we had..." Eldoris started saying. "We used our necklaces and our powers to disguise ourselves as sirens and we snuck inside their realm and took the tempest... We hid it somewhere where they couldn't find it and then we basically made the key disappear. When it disappeared, it gave us clues and hints to the road to find the map."

"But since that happened, we don't know where to start looking for the map. But the reason why we're going to have to leave is because the sirens came for revenge for us taking the tempest. And instead of them finding us specifically like I would've preferred.... They got Sophie instead...." Cordelia said while starting to cry. "I'm so sorry.... that we brought you this trouble and put us all in danger.... We had no intentions and we didn't know the sirens would try and ambush us or get revenge."

**~**~**Angelique's P.O.V **~**~**

"It's okay sweety." Said Sophie's mom. "It's not your fault. You didn't know." Cordelia felt a tear roll down her cheek.

"W-what was that?" She said while feeling her cheek.

"What was what?" I asked.

"My cheek is wet. Where'd the water come from?"

Me and Kenzie started snickering.

"Guys what's wrong with me?"

We started laughing out loud.

"Cordelia... Nothing is wrong with you." Kenzie said.

"Those are tears that you have. That's why your cheek is wet. It's normal for humans to have tears."

"Oh... I-I've never really cried before. So I didn't know." She said kinda shyly.

"It's okay." I said while putting my hand on her shoulder.

"But, you're mostly wet anyway because you live in the ocean." Kenzie said.

There was a few minutes of silence.

"So what are you guys going to do? Where are the clues to the map?" My mom asked.

"Uh... That's the thing...." Said Eldoris.

"It's back at our home." Said Cordelia.

"O...kay? What's wrong with that?" Asked Kenzie's mom.

Cordelia and Eldoris looked at each other and me and Kenzie looked at each other.

"O-our home is in Australia... Half way around the world..."

All of the adults looked at each other.