Talent Show 2.0: Part 1

*** The next day ***

***** Angelique's house *****

**~**~** Angelique's P.O.V **~**~**

"Okay." I said. "So do we know what song we're gunna sing next for the final performance?" I asked Kenzie.

"I'm not sure."

"Oh! How about 'Chicago' ?"

"What song?"

"I was thinking 'Nowadays' that Velma and Roxie sing at the end of the movie."

"Okay."

"Yeah. There 's not that much singing. So it will be an easy song to learn."

"Okay. Good."

"Yeah. But there is one down side kinda." I said as I looked at her.

"What?"

"Well, in the movie, since there's not a lot of singing, Velma and Roxie dance a lot. So we will be dancing a lot in the number."

"Oh..."

"Yeah... Do you still want to do it?"

"... I guess... If it'll help us and give us a chance to win, then yes."

"Okay!" I said. "Then lets get started."

*** 2 days later, Thursday night ***

**~**~** Angelique's P.O.V **~**~**

*ring, ring... ring, ring... ring*

I picked up my phone and answered it.

"Hey Kenzie what's up?"

"Hi. Nothing much. But uh... I have a little problem."

"What? What's wrong?" I said a little worried.

"Um... I got sick yesterday and I kinda lost my singing voice..."

My heart sank a bit.

"What?! No! Did you drink lots of tea with lots of honey?!"

"Yeah. I've been drinking tea all day. But it's not doing anything! I'm getting worried. What's gunna happen tomorrow?"

It was silent for a few seconds.

"But I don't want you to do it alone." Kenzie said.

"Wait. What did you just say?" I asked her.

"Uh... I said that I don't want you to do it alone."

I gasped.

"That's it!" I shouted.

"What? What's it?"

"If you still can't sing tomorrow, I'll go to plan B and I'll sing 'I Can't Do It Alone' that Velma sings to Roxie in 'Chicago' ! Roxie doesn't sing in it. So you won't have to sing. You'll just be acting out some parts,"

"Uh... Will that work out? Do you have choreography ready?"

"Uh yeah! C'mon it's me Kenzie. It's me. I've known this song for like a looong time. And all I have to do is practice the dance moves a bit. I basically know how she dances in it too. All I have to do is show you Roxie's parts."

"O-okay."

"Yeah! Come over tomorrow immediately after school and we'll go over it."

"Okay. I'll tell momma so that I'll have bus money."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. Bye."

We hung up and I go to the computer and find a good karaoke version of the song. I found a good one and downloaded it and put it on my iPod. I smiled and got up.

I go to my iHome stand and put my iPod on the stand and played the karaoke version of the song and practiced it.

(singing :) )

"My sister and I had an act that couldn't flop... My sister and III were headed straiight for the tooop... My sister and III eaarned a thoouu a week at least.. Oh yeah."

After I finished the song, I started working on the dancing. Then I did both together.

*** The next day, Friday morning ***

It was 10AM. I asked mom if we could go to the thrift store to get stuff for our costumes for the show.

We got ready and we went to the thrift store. We found everything that we needed for the costume for Kenzie. We got a pajama looking outfit for her to wear, and a white almost satin like lacey robe. Then for me, we found a black and red robe with the similar material as Kenzie's.

We went back home and after school, Kenzie came over.

While we were rehearsing, my mom went to the Halloween store that's open all year and bought a costume that looks similar to Velma's outfit in the movie.

She came home with a nearly perfect outfit and a short black wig.

"Mom! Those are perfect!"

"I know. And they were surprisingly not that expensive." She said.

"Well that's because Halloween won't be for a loong time so people aren't bothering with Halloween outifts yet. So prices are lower."

"I know." We both laughed and me and Kenzie got on with our rehearsal.