Sharks Mark the Spot

***** Coral reef/shark breeding grounds*****

**~**~** Angelique's P.O.V **~**~**

"Okay... We're here guys." Said Meredith.

We all looked over and saw a whole bunch of sharks swimming around in different places. There were different types. Big sharks, small sharks, hammerheads...

It still felt weird being able to talk under the water. But thank God for this potion that Meredith gave us. It help us to tag underwater outside of the village gates.

My mind came back to where we were at and I realized a big huge shark.

"Is... Is that a great white?..." Kenzie asked Meredith while pointing to a huge shark.

"Yeah. It is." She answered casually.

"Um... Meredith... I might have a little problem... I've never been that close to sharks... And now, we're gunna have to swim through a whole trench filled with them?" I said.

"Listen..." Narissa started saying. "I've been around here a lot. Just imagine that she sharks are friendly. Don't think that they'll eat you. Think happy thoughts. The best way to deal with your fears is to face them... Remember, they can smell fear... Now, make sure nobody has any open cuts."

We all checked ourselves to make sure.

"We're all clear." Said Kenzie.

"Okay. Make sure you don't get cut by the coral. They could be razor sharp. Be careful." Narissa said.

"Got it." We said.

I felt a little nervous. But I tried to think of happy songs. Songs that made me feel good.

We were going through the reef and looking around for a clue. We slowly swam through the reef. You could tell that the coral was razor sharp just by looking at it. We avoided it as much as we could.

We continued swimming until we got near huge pieces of coral. I looked at them and swam towards it.

"Be careful." Meredith said quietly.

"I am." I said. "Hey guys... There's something in this big bunch of coral... I think it might be a clue!"

They slowly swam towards me and looked in the hole. There was a dim light inside.

"I think it is!" Cora said.

"How are we going to get it?" Asked Kenzie.

We all thought for a bit. I started looking around. I found an opening on the side of the big group of coral.

"One of us is going to have to reach through and grab it." I said.

"Hah! You're joking?" Said Cora.

They all looked at me and I shaked my head.

"No. Cuz there's a spot for someone to reach their arm through." I said and showed them.

"Well... I'm not going to do it." Narissa said.

I looked at the rest of them and they all looked nervous.

"Ugh. Fine. I'll do it." I said.

I started going towards it and Kenzie grabbed my arm.

"Are you sure you can do this?"

"Yes. I am."

"But there's hundreds of sharks surrounding us. What if you cut yourself?"

"Kenzie... The point to prevent that from happening is to be calm. And you're not helping me much." I said.