Talent Show 2.0: Part 3

"My heart is racing." I whispered to Kenzie.

"I know. Mine too."

"Our first prize is..."

I was holding my breath.

"... Angelique and Kenzie!"

We screamed and hugged each other. He gave us the trophy and we held it up.

The audience was going wild. We just smiled.

"Sara you're the runner-up! Congrats!" He handed her a trophy as well. But just a little smaller than ours.

After the audience quieted down, the teacher asked all of us how we came up with our numbers.

He asked the 3rd place and 2nd place winners, then it came to us.

"So, Angelique and Kenzie... How did you girls come up with this amazing number you did?"

"Well..." Kenzie started to say. "I wasn't feeling well during the week and I lost most of my singing voice so I wasn't able to sing. I told Angelique and we both panicked for a bit."

"But I came up with the idea to sing a song from 'Chicago'. We were originally supposed to perform 'Nowadays' that both Roxie and Velma do in the movie. But I got the call from Kenzie."

"And she told me that we'd go to Plan B and that she'd have to sing alone. Then a light bulb went off in her head and she screamed 'I Simply Cannot Do It Alone!' And she said that she knew all the words to the song and that she knew the choreography but just needed to touch up on it."

"So, that's where this all came to place!" I said and smiled.

"Wow. Amazing!" He said and we laughed.

"Well, congratulations again. Congrats everybody! Even if you didn't get first place, you're all winners and very, very talented."

We smiled and the curtains closed.

We went in the back and got our stuff. Then we greeted my mom in the audience seats.

"Congratulations girls!" She said as we were walking towards her.

"Thanks mom." I said while smiling.

Sophie, Cordelia and Eldoris came over and congratulated us too.

"So what are you gunna do now?" Asked Cordelia.

"I guess we could just hang out." I said.

"Do you guys want some pizza?" My mom asked.

"Sure!" We all said.

"Well I actually have to go home." Said Sophie.

"Oh okay. That's fine." I said. "We'll see you later then!"

We all gave her a hug and she waited outside to get a ride from her dad.

The rest of us went to Topper's and we hung out and ate some pizza.

Afterwards, we went home.

"Hey, are we gunna hang out tomorrow?" Asked Cordelia.

"Yeah. We'll hang out. I'll call Sophie and tell her when I get home." I said.

"Okay. Does 12 sound good?" She said.

"Yeah. Sounds good. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said. "You okay finding your way to the moon pool?" I whispered to them.

"Yeah. We're fine." Said Eldoris.

"Okay. We'll meet you guys there tomorrow then." Said Kenzie.

They left and me and Kenzie went to my house. It was Friday so she got to spend the night.

We got to my house and got ready for bed. We talked for a little bit while everyone else was sleeping.

After a while I started getting sleepy.

"Well I'm tired. I'm gunna sleep."

"Okay. See ya in the morning." She said.