phoenix wright, apollo justice, athena cykes

SFW - their s/o having anxiety.

Phoenix Wright

• his first instinct would be to learn everything he could about it. As he is someone he prefers to be informed with every aspect of his life, Phoenix would probably disappear for an hour or two and return knowing everything, which would definitely put him (and you!) at ease.

• he would learn the little quirks you had whenever you were feeling anxious, so if they ever came to light, Phoenix would remove you from the situation and ask what was wrong, and what you needed. If you started to visibly panic, he would take your hands in his and hold them up, kissing your knuckles as he emphasised that he's here, and he's not going to make you feel uncomfortable.

• he tries to make small goals for the two of you to accomplish during the day, reminding for you to call him when you completed them. It's his way of attempting to take off any everyday anxieties from your mind.

• if you're nervous about having to ring up a business or something of a similar nature, Phoenix would be more than willing to do it for you. This can sometimes lead to some awkward conversations regarding lingerie not fitting you accordingly, but the spiky haired dork doesn't feel embarrassed at all.

• would never ever try and force you into something that you're not comfortable doing. If he sees someone trying to pressure you into, singing for example, Phoenix's sarcastic nature would come out - "Why don't you try and sing in front of all of these judgmental people, Larry?" He gives no damns, and can be a little overprotective in that aspect.

Apollo Justice

• as someone who tends to be quite anxious about upcoming trials and whatnot, Apollo would definite sympathise with you about your anxiety. He wouldn't change any attitudes toward you though, he doesn't want your relationship to be affected by it, if anything, it makes it even stronger.

• it would become a tradition for the two of you to do the "Chords of Steel" every day. He wouldn't be satisfied with himself until he was sure that you were feeling upbeat and excited for the day.

• he's not the best with his words, and can either be quite sarcastic and/or blunt, but Apollo would try and make a conscious effort to make you feel at ease whenever he would see you fidget or show any signs of discomfort.

• if you have an anxiety attack, Apollo would at first be a little bit confused on what to do. Though he wouldn't just stand there, he would hold your face with his hands and ask what you needed, what he needed to do to make sure that you felt better. If that didn't work, he would just hold you tightly until the shivering subsided.

• Apollo would constantly tell you that you are indeed, fine. If doubt ever clouded your mind, he would take you on a long walk where he would pry out your feelings and make you feel better. This would lead to him shouting "You're fine!!" in the middle of a path, scaring the people walking by at the sudden enthusiasm from your dorky boyfriend.

Athena Cykes

• she would already know about your anxiety. Her widget would respond whenever there was discomfort in your voice; it wouldn't take her long to put two and two together and figure out that you had anxiety.

• she's very supportive, and is more than willing to lend a listening ear, even if it's 3am. Athena would probably share her own anxieties, leading to many heartfelt conversations in the dead of night.

• before she would leave for the office, she would tell you that she loves you, dashing off with a piece of toast in her mouth, shouting out for you to call her. She wants to make sure that she's always available, whenever. She also wants it to be clear that you're the only one to her, hoping to put to bed any doubts regarding that area.

• if she ever sees you in discomfort, Athena would bring you in for a hug, placing your ear against her chest so you could hear her heartbeat. Something about it was very soothing, and was an attempt to regulate your breathing. Her hands would be drawing small circles into your back, making sure that you could feel as homely as possible.

• if you want to stay home rather than go out, Athena is already preparing some popcorn and throwing you some movies to pick from (she was silently hoping you'd want to stay home!). She's often at the office working till late, so she takes advantage of the time you spend together to smother you with so much affection.

as someone who had very bad social anxiety last year, writing these made me feel soothed somehow???