тʜʀᴇᴇ

Amazon | Three

Rhea stood up slowly as she peered over the fallen log, Leora was hiding behind a tree and Xanthe was up in the tree as they peered down at the small army. It would be a perfect place to get their men; the men were warriors and would be willingly seduced by pretty women if they had not been with any for a few months. Rhea just didn’t know how they were going to get in there because they stood out like sore thumbs; Rhea rubbed the back of her neck as she narrowed her eyes at some of the men walking—yet oblivious to them—close to them.

“Are we going to go down there and choose ourselves a man?” Leora whispered from her spot behind the tree.

“I do not know,” Xanthe jumped down from the tree, “What do you suggest?”

“We proved ourselves,” Rhea grabbed her bow and arrow, standing and aiming it high. She noticed a man loitering out the front of the largest tent in the encampment; Rhea smirked and pulled back her bow as she let the arrow fly out. All three women watched as the arrow sunk just above the man’s head and shouts erupted through camp, Rhea jumped on the back of her horse and turned to the two women she was walking with, “Let’s go demand our men girls.”

Rhea, Xanthe and Leora ran into the encampment, men turned and held their swords up. Xanthe jumped off her horse and kicked a man back as Rhea stepped off her own horse. “What is the meaning of this?” A dark haired man asked as he walked out of his tent, he looked angry and a woman ran from him as he glared at Leora, Rhea and Xanthe who stood before him. “Who are these whores?”

“Whores,” Xanthe laughed as she held her sword up, “We are not common whores, if we are common whores you are nothing but scum.” Xanthe spat at the ground to prove her point, “We are warriors and shall be treated as such, we need three of your strongest men and we need them now.”

“Do not ask,” Leora scoffed as she stepped forward, “Take.” Leora jumped down from her horse and pulled out her sword, “Any man who is strong enough to defeat me will spend the night in my bed.” She declared, “But none of you look in the least bit strong enough to handle me or any of my companions.” That gained Leora a lot of protests but Leora’s eyes lit up, she was enjoying this and Rhea had to roll her eyes at the woman.

“I can defeat you!” A man stepped forward earning cheers from his men.

“Oh really,” Leora smirked and he moved forward, whipping out his sword and Leora counted his swipe with one of her own. Rhea looked away and while Xanthe and Leora were distracted, she wanted to sneak away. She climbed on the back of her horse and headed out of the camp, looking behind her as she heard a cry. She turned her head, two men were beside the small river running on the outside of the camp, one of them was standing over the other with a loud laugh, a sword pressed to the man’s throat.

“Amazon!” The man on the ground hissed and moved away from the sword, the man with the sword turned around and Rhea narrowed her eyes. She put her hand on her own sword and was prepared to grab it out, “She’s going to kidnap us Bastian, let’s go.”

“Don’t be ridiculous Elias,” the man named Bastian snorted as he turned to Rhea, Rhea’s horse stepped back a little as the man put his sword away and held his hands. “I am Bastian of Athens, we bring you no harm and I welcome you to my battle camp. You are welcome to stay a little while,” he bowed his head slightly and Rhea narrowed her eyes at him, “You will not be treated as a whore but as a lady, milady.”

“Do not think for one second I believe your foolish lies man,” she spat and held her sword up, she wanted to dig her sword into his gut and be done with it. But he was strong and she dare even think – handsome. He would do good to produce her strong daughter, “Come with me.” She ordered and glared at the lighter haired man as he stepped away from her and his legs shook, “Do not tell your men where Bastian of Athens has gone or who has taken him.”