тwᴇɴтʏ

Amazon | Twenty

They made their way further down the road, the Amazons that were not Rhea had been tied-a compromise by Deacon-and were being held by one of the warriors. The warrior sat on the back of a horse and held a rope, it was gloomy. The sun did not shine, clouds hung in the air and Rhea could not help but feel glum. She could feel sadness; it was etched into her bones as she held her head down and marched forward.

Bastian had given up his horse to walk with Rhea who lagged behind all the other Amazons. She had not been tied up; she was unsure how Bastian had managed that. Achilios sat upon the horse Bastian had given up, she also did not know how he had managed to convince Bastian to let him on that horse either. It seemed Bastian had managed to convince Deacon to do a lot of things; she was not sure how he did it.

She grasped the hair that hung limply down her back and pulled it away from her hot neck. Just because there was no sun did not mean there was no heat, it was incredibly warm. She pulled her hair up with a band, tying it into a tight knot. She flicked her eyes over to face Bastian who walked beside her. He stood tall, taller than her, as if his dignity was still intact. Her dignity had been shattered into many pieces.

She was not even sure she was Amazon anymore, if she was Amazon, wouldn't she have lost her title by now? She had feelings for a man, she winced. She had not said it out loud, she had not told Bastian either, she was not sure if she wanted to tell him. It was frustrating to say the least. She knew that she wanted to tell him, she knew she had those feelings.

But if she admitted those feelings out loud-to anyone-she would lose herself as an Amazon.

Everything she grew up believing would be for nothing. Her inner monologue was shattered as she looked up, the line had halted. Deacon began to walk down the line and Rhea bowed her head, not wanting to look up at the monster she had grown to loathe. She stared down at the road they had been travelling on, the gravel beneath their sandals made a crunching noise.

"Ah Deacon," Rhea barely turned her head to find a tall male on a horse. "What lovely females you have, where are they from? I've never seen them in Athens."

The women wanted to protest, Rhea could feel it, and even she wanted to protest. The man sounded slimy, he was not to be trusted, he would harm them - she knew it. "They are not women that you may be used to," she could hear the smugness in his voice, "They are Amazons." There were murmurs that erupted behind her, "Yes, I found them." She grimaced and clenched her fists tightly.

There was laughter, "You found them? Please Deacon," the voice snorted, "You would never have found them on your own. Ah," the voice suddenly had a revelation, "There is your brother perhaps he can tell me how you came about these women."

"Commander," Bastian turned around and saluted the man, "Myself and a few men were captured, my brother trailed them and found us." Bastian cleared his throat, "He killed most of the women, Rhea and I escaped," he motioned to Rhea who stiffened beside him. "The others my brother has used as prisoners and slaves."

Rhea looked up at the man with sun coloured hair, "That is not a surprise." He glared over at Deacon, "Well you must come stay with us we have a camp just off the road near the river."

Deacon did not get much of a say, he did not protest, he followed quietly and obediently. Rhea was led by Bastian and followed the band of warriors toward the camp the man had set up. When she entered she immediately looked up at Bastian who was surrounded by other warriors. She found herself pushed back and into a small area with the other women.

With the men distracted the women began to chatter amongst each other, some of them began to slip through their binds and Rhea anxiously stood back from them. She didn't know what was happening, she wanted to let them escape but she felt as if she was betraying Bastian if they did escape. Rhea moved forward as the women who had escaped from their binds began to help the others.