ғoᴜʀтᴇᴇɴ

Hey so I just want to say thank you for all the support, Amazon got down to #66 on the what's hot list for Historical Fiction so I am so proud. I also wanted to give a huge thank you and I was wondering if you guys could read my other works as well - obviously you don't have to but it would be really nice if you would.

___________________________________________________

Amazon | Fourteen

“Yiayia!” Bastian cried and stared at his grandmother who was holding enough to Rhea’s throat. Rhea gulped, she did not move, she remained frozen.

“Bastian,” Delia spoke calmly, “This woman is not of good breeding, she will murder us all in our sleep. She is an Amazon, she will kill you first, and they hate men Bastian!” Delia’s eyes widened, “Have you bedded her?” She asked with a snarl, the cool metal pressing closer to Rhea’s throat.

“No,” Bastian shook his head as he tried to soothe his grandmother, to stop her from murdering Rhea. Even though the woman possibly didn’t care about him—she probably didn’t want to admit it—he cared about her. He did not want to see someone he cared about killed by another person he cared about. “Please Yiayia, step away from Rhea, and do not harm her.”

“And why should I do that?” His grandmother narrowed her eyes suspiciously, “If I do let her go, she will turn and stab that dagger into my stomach.”

“I would not,” Rhea narrowed her eyes, “If I was to speak freely and truthfully,” she was worried if she spoke any longer the dagger would cut through her thin skin. “I would kill your son and convince you that these men were nothing, they were controlling you. You needed to run,” Rhea gulped, “But I am not selfish, I would not force you into something you did not wish.”

“Do you not see how she is a good person?” Bastian pleaded Rhea’s case.

Delia pulled the dagger away from Rhea’s neck, staring up at her grandson sceptically, “I will not kill her.” She decided, “But if she hurts you Bastian, I will not hesitate, do you understand?”

“Yes,” Bastian nodded his head at his grandmother. The older woman hurried away and Bastian moved toward Rhea, he raised his hand to lay it on her shoulder but she glared at him.

“If you think about touching me with that,” she spat, “I will cut it off.”

Anthea stood to the side, watching them both. She could not believe either of them, Bastian seemed match more confident. “Rhea,” Anthea spoke softly, “Would you like to bathe?”

“That would be lovely Anthea,” Rhea struggled to speak to the woman, unsure how to act around her. If it was any woman she had grown up around, she would have demanded Rhea bed Bastian or kill him. Anthea possible wanted Rhea to marry Bastian. That made Rhea shudder, she could stand Bastian, but that did not mean marriage.

“Of course,” Anthea smiled at Bastian who looked relieved, “Follow me please Rhea.”

As Rhea followed the heavily pregnant Anthea, Bastian sat himself down on a stone bench. He put his elbows on his knees and put his head in his hands, shoving his fingers through his hair. He took deep slow breaths. His family were not going to accept Rhea as she was, but Bastian would not be able to make her into a respectable lady.

For her sake, he needed to find her people and hand her off to them.

Rhea sat in the large tub Anthea had ordered one of the slaves to pull out. Rhea washed the dirt from her skin, letting the water rush through her hair. Anthea had insisted on helping to bathe her, Rhea had snapped at her but Anthea had won the battle. Rhea wrapped her arms around her legs; Anthea had stared at Rhea when she had undressed.