sᴇvᴇɴтᴇᴇɴ

So to meet the Watty deadline I'm going to need to update two times a week, so every Monday and Friday there will be an update until the book is finished. So please share and give as much love as you have been recently giving.

Also I hope you love this chapter, it really made me emotional when I wrote it :)

_____________________________________________

Amazon | Seventeen

Rhea stood with Bastian's father; they were deep in conversation about something he could not hear. He watched them as Rhea seemed to bow her head respectfully but her body seemed tense, ready to run if his father tried anything. Bastian stared at the both of them; he was unsure how to react. He was waiting with a baited breath to see whether his father would harm her or Rhea would attempt to kill him.

"Bastian," he turned his head to face his grandmother; "It is a very interesting sight, is it not?"

"Of course," Bastian ran his fingers through his hair as he stared at the two in front of him. Rhea seemed to step away from Bastian's father as if he had threatened her, Bastian felt a little on edge. He rubbed his hands together and gulped as Rhea watched his father. She then seemed to nod her head as if she was agreeing to something and headed toward Bastian and his grandmother.

Only his grandmother had turned to head back to Achilios and sat next to the child. Rhea looked over at Achilios, who held a wooden sword and horse; he seemed confident with Bastian's grandmother. Rhea then faced Bastian who seemed shock; he looked as if he did not understand why she was talking to his father.

Rhea stared right at Bastian, "What were you talking to my father about?" Bastian got right to the point as he stared down at Rhea who stared back up at him.

"Is it any of your business?" She asked him through narrowed eyes and Bastian turned away from her, he glared at her and turned his head away from Rhea as he stared at his father who headed back toward his mother.

"No," Bastian crossed his arms over his chest and shook his head, "But I would like to know the answer Rhea."

"Does it matter?" She asked him, "How will it change your life if you know?"

"I will not need to worry about you more than I already do," Rhea stumbled back at his words; she was unsure what to do. Having a man care about her was a terrifying thing; she did not want him to care about her. She knew that when she left with Achilios he would more than likely want her to stay with him and he would perhaps force the marriage idea that had been running around his head on her again.

It was quiet as Bastian cursed and hurried away from Rhea, he left her with her hand on her mouth as she stared after him. She looked down at the ground and then rubbed her thumb on her bottom lip; she was unsure how to think of Bastian's words. She did not want to think of Bastian caring for her, in fact if she could find Bastian another woman to care about it would make it much easier to leave. She was starting to care for him; she did not want to feel such emotions to a man.

She ran her hand over her chin, touching it lightly with the back of her fingers. She watched Achilios as he laughed loudly with Bastian's grandmother, she would not be able to take him with her once she left, and she knew it. They would never accept a boy into their lives, they would wish for him to be a slave that was something Achilios did not deserve.

Rhea could leave him with this family, even if she did not trust Deacon – the rest of them were kind. They would welcome Achilios into their family it seemed, Bastian's grandmother had already taken a liking to the young man who was laughing loudly with her. It seemed the family was fonder of the young boy than they were of her, it was not surprising.