thirty nine

Tiago waved to Keith as the Red Lion flew off, back to join the battle

Tiago waved to Keith as the Red Lion flew off, back to join the battle. The Green Lion rested next to her, right in the bed of poinsettias which had seemed to become the pit stop for the Lions.

Every few seconds a few of the Galran fighter ships would focus their attention on Tiago and the Lion, but she wasn't worried for every time someone would swoop down and destroy them. She noticed it was often Hunk who did the deed, probably because his Lion had the armor to simply crash into the ships.

Inside of the Green Lion, Pidge had her helmet tossed aside, blood dripping from a cut about two inches long on her forehead. She kept trying to grab the controls of her Lion, but would miss the levers every time.

"Pidge?" Tiago frowned, walking up to her. Pidge slumped back in her seat, training her eyes on Tiago. "What happened?"

"Oh, um, no big deal," the Green Paladin grunted, pressing a gloved hand to the cut. Tiago raised an eyebrow, the answer not sufficing. "Ugh, okay, fine. I freaked out a bit too much when you and Keith messaged the group chat. I may have slammed by head against the glass front door of my house on the way out."

Tiago tried her best to hold in a chuckle, but to no avail. The fifteen year old glared at Tiago, who raised her hands in surrender. "I'm sorry, it's just... you don't always expect the big and tough Paladins of Voltron to get normal everyday injuries."

"Whatever," Pidge grumbled. "I would block you if I could."

"You know, you probably have a concussion. I could poke you and you would fall out of your seat," Tiago teased. Pidge rolled her eyes playfully, before pointing to her helmet. The college girl understood the gesture, and placed it carefully on the Green Paladin's head. "And... how is putting your helmet on supposed to help?"

"Um... press down on the incision... stop the bleeding," Pidge gasped out. The helmet was pressing down on the wound like she had informed, but it stung like crazy.

"Okay, well I'd prefer to hug all of my friends one last time before I die, so we're gonna go up there–" Tiago pointed to the sky dramatically. "–and kick some Galran ass."

"Hng—" the young teen responded. Tiago huffed in exasperation, before an idea sprung into her mind.

"Hey, Pidgeon, what's the distance formula?" Pidge managed to raise an eyebrow, giving her older friend a look mentally. "Just answer the question."

"Well," Pidge hummed, "it's D equals the square root of (x1 - x2)^2 + (y1 - y2)^2."

"Right," Tiago nodded in agreement. The college freshman had not forgotten a single formula from Pidge's tutoring. "Now, how much distance would it be from here to the Yellow Lion?"