Chapter 3

Anna woke up in a room that had many beds, and everything was white.

The hospital! Anna thought. What am I doing here?

Just then, she heard footsteps in one of the hallways that connected to this room of the hospital. Anna quickly lay down on her bed and pretended to be asleep again.

The door to Anna's right burst open, and Elsa and Jack entered the room. They were having an argument.

"I can do it on my own! Why do you even care?" Elsa whispered.

"If Anna finds out, she won't be able to control it, just like you. It will be almost impossible for one person to stop it."

"Well, I can do it!" she said, her voice getting louder, "If I can cover the kingdom in snow, I can stop this, too!"

"Shhh! You'll wake Queen Anna up!" Jack said, "And, please, let me explain!"

There was a long silence.

"Fine," Elsa said, "But whatever dangers there are, I can handle it!"

"Ok," Jack started, "so, yesterday, when Anna saw the snow pixie-"

"Snowflake," Elsa corrected.

"Whatever. So, when Snowflake appeared right in front of Anna, it put her in an even larger shock than she was before. You shouldn't have done that."

"But it was only a joke," Elsa said. "and why is Anna in shock? Was it Coronation Frights?"

"You should know," Jack said solemnly. "Now, may I continue?"

"Okay, okay, go on," Elsa said, who was obviously bored.

"When Anna screamed, she made some kind of force-field, which was due to her fear at the moment. When I appeared, she sent something at me that burned my wrist." Jack showed a bright-red scorch mark. He winced in pain.

"So, it is obvious that it has been activated," Jack said.

"What is 'it'?" Elsa asked.

Jack put his finger to his lips, a gesture that meant quiet. "Queen Anna is awake," Jack said, "she heard our whole conversation. Come with me."

Jack grabbed Elsa's hand and told Anna, (with her eyes still closed) "Sleep well, Queen Anna"

Jack and Elsa disappeared.

What the heck was that all about? Anna thought.

Suddenly, Ann felt like she took a sleeping remedy. She quickly fell fast asleep in her bed.

* ~ * ~ *

"No... no!" Anna said.

"Your Majesty! Are you alright?"

"Ummm... yeah, I'm all right... can you get me a glass of water, though?"

"Oh, but of course!" The servant rushed out of the doors of the hospital, calling, "The queen requests a glass of water!"

Well, this is nice, I guess. Anna thought sleepily. Getting a servant to get you a glass of water while laying in bed... maybe being the queen and all-

Anna sat up in bed and gasped. I'm the queen! she thought.

The servant entered the room with a tall glass of water in her hands.

"Here you go, Your Majesty," she said, placing the glass on the coffee table next to Anna.

"Hey... what's your name? Anna asked.