Chapter 4

"Gah!" Anna said as a tree branch hit her face. After traveling to Elsa's ice castle once already, she should be used to this.

     But she wasn't.

     This would be so much easier if Kristoff was here, Anna thought. I should have brought him with me.

     Anna continued racing ahead, determined to get to the ice castle. Unfortunately, Marshmallow decided to take a stroll around the mountain.

     Marshmallow was Elsa's snow giant, who sent Anna and Kristoff far away from her ice castle so she can live alone during the Eternal Winter. How Marshmallow managed to climb out of the ravine and get back into the mountains - long story.

     So anyways, Anna was running to the ice castle, getting closer and closer, until she hit a giant pile of snow.

     "Ow!" Anna said, "Where did this-"

     Then she looked up. There he was - the giant snowman Marshmallow.

     "Um... hi, really, really, big..." Anna whispered.

     Marshmallow frowned. He picked Anna up and said, "I - SAID - TO - GO- AWAY!"

     This is the end, Anna thought. Then, a light clicked in her head.

     "Uh... Marshmallow, is it? Did you know... that I happen to be Queen Elsa's sister?"

     Marshmallow grunted.

     "So... I'll take that as a 'no'.... but did you know that I am also the Queen of Arendelle?"

     Marshmallow grunted again. He put Anna down.

     "Uh..... I'll take that as a 'no' too... um... may I pass, please?"

     Marshmallow grunted... again.

     "Can you talk in words, please?" Anna asked.

     "No," Marshmallow said, (to answer the question, "May I pass?")

     "Well... okay... is there anything I can do for you?"

     Marshmallow thought for a moment.

     "Flower," Marshmallow said.

     "Flour?" Anna asked, "If you hurry, we can go down to the royal bakery and-"

     "No, FLOWER," Marshmallow growled.

     "Oh... a flower? Uh, like this?" Anna drew a simple flower on the ground with her feet.

     Marshmallow nodded vigorously.

     "Oh... the flower shops are farther away from here than Arendelle... umm... do you want this one?" Anna asked, pointing to the flower picture on the ground.

     "I - WANT - FLOWER!" Marshmallow yelled. He brought his fists in the air, ready to smash Anna into an Anna pancake. As he brought his fists down towards Anna, Anna felt a burning sensation all around her. She looked down at herself.

     She was on fire.

     "Marshmallow, STOP!" Anna shouted. Marshmallow's fists hovered above Anna's head. Then, Marshmallow quickly brought his arms to it's sides.

     Strange, Anna thought. She was on fire, but she didn't feel any pain. Her clothes weren't even burning up!

     Anna looked at her surroundings. The snow on the ground melted, so Anna was standing in a circle of green grass. Bright blue and red flowers started to grow around her, and much faster than a normal plant would grow.

     The blue-green fire around Anna disappeared.

     "Wha-what?!" Anna said, amazed. Then she saw the flowers on the ground, and started to pick them up for Marshmallow. They were warm, and had the scent of burnt ashes.

     Marshmallow watched in shock as she held out the flowers to him. When she held them out, the flowers disappeared and reappeared in Anna's hands, now in a cute little flower pot with flame designs. It was enveloped in a thin layer of sunlight, and the soil in the flower pot was fresh and moist.

     "Well? Take it!" Anna said, shivering.

     Marshmallow slowly bent down and picked up the flower pot. Luckily, the sunlight surrounding it didn't melt Marshmallow at all.

     "...Flower?" Marshmallow asked, amazed.

     Anna nodded, still shaking from what just happened.

     "...Friend?" Marshmallow asked, eyes wide.

     Woah. That was unexpected.

     "Uh... sure, Marshmallow." Anna said.

     Marshmallow smiled, revealing a row of long, sharp, icicle teeth.

     "Marshmallow take friend to castle!" Marshmallow said, picking Anna up.

     As Anna traveled on the snow giant's back, she couldn't help but wonder how she managed to set herself on fire without, well, dying.

     Anna gasped.

     "If Elsa has ice powers..." Anna said aloud, "then do I have... fire powers?!"