Epilogue

~Leata~

My first thought when I wake up is, 'huh, graduation today'.

I forgot graduation was today.

Yeah, me too...WAIT!

"Holy fucking hell, I'M GRADUATING TODAY!"

I hop out of bed and swing the door open, running downstairs in my pyjamas.

"I told you she wouldn't realise that she's actually graduating until the day came." Dad chuckles to mom.

"I'M NOT READY!" I tangle my hands in my messy brown hair, tugging in frustration. "I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A CRISIS!"

"Calm down, Lee--"

Mom cuts dad off. "Forest, never tell a girl to calm down. You should know that by now."

"I don't have an outfit--"

"Done." Mom cuts me off, pointing to the couch where there there is a loose plain grey muscle tee paired with dark wash ripped skinny jeans with the ends rolled up to end above the ankles, and a pair of black and white Nike running shoes.

"You know me so well." I sigh, inspecting the outfit. "I DON'T HAVE A SPEECH!"

"Honey, your grandmother is the Summer-Storm Paris." Mom throws an arm around my shoulder, leading me into the kitchen. "Just wing it. That's what she did at her graduation. You'll be fine."

"MY LETTER FROM THE SPORTS UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK STILL HASN'T COME IN!" I start freaking out again. "OH MY LORD, MY LIFE IS RUINED!"

"Forest, go wake up Ty and Sir Cumberbatch the Fourth." Mom orders.

"But--"

"Now!" Mom gives him a scary look.

He gulps before rushing up the stairs.

"Lea, your life isn't ruined."

"But, mom, even Blake got a scholarship to SUNY for basketball and I haven't even got my letter yet!" I whine. "I didn't even know my own boyfriend played basketball!"

"Cariño, not everyone gets their letters at the same time." Mom soothes. "And Blake is amazing at basketball. He's even better than your brothers...don't tell them I said that."

All of a sudden, there's a crash, a scream and a thud from upstairs.

A few minutes later, dad walks downstairs with Tyler on his back, and Ryder clinging on to his leg.

"Get these things off me!" Dad gestures to my stupid brothers.

Mom and I share a roll of the eyes before I pull Tyler off and mom pulls Ryder off.

"What even happened?" Mom questions, raising an eyebrow.

"They saw a spider in the hallway, Tyler ran into a door trying to get away from it, and Ryder used a baseball bat to try to kill it." Dad explains, rubbing his face in exasperation. "That reminds me, we now have a lacrosse helmet-sized hole in the wall."