Alfie

After the sun finaly set and was absorbed by the ocean as I liked to think of it Zoe slipped her hand into mine and I handed her shoes which she slipped on quickly. We started to walk back to my apartment. 

It was cooler now that the sun had set and Zoe shivered next to me. I slipped off my sweatshirt and handed it to Zoe with a smile. "Oh Alfie, you don't have to," she objected. 

"I want to," I said still grinning. We took the long way home so that we could walk on the streets. They were so pretty and everything was lit up and pretty. Zoe seemed to enjoy it at any rate. We walked slowly and she looked at every shop and all the lights. 

"Everything is so different here," Zoe said as we walked into the lobby of my apartment building and to the elevator. 

"Is it really?" I asked as I pressed the number 7 button inside the elevator. "I always knew that they were different, but I didn't think they were so different," I said with a laugh. 

We were walking down the hallway to my apartment when Zoe spoke again. "It's a good different," she said it softly and her voice was just so soothing. She was so adorable. I unlocked the door and Zoe walked in yawning, "I think I'm going to go to bed, is that okay?" she asked. 

"Of course, you don't have to ask if you want to go to bed you know!" She smiled at me and disappeared into the bedroom. 

I sighed and sat down on the couch, pulling out my phone. I dialed Marcus' number. I missed him, due to all the hubbub with Zoe I hadn't talked to him in forever. He answered on the first ring. 

"Hey Marcus!" I said cheerifully. There was a lot of sound on his line so he was somewhere with other people. 

"Alfie, how are you?" 

"I'm really well. Want to get together tomorrow for lunch or something?" I wanted Marcus to actually meet Zoe. He didn't know her all that well and I thought that they would get along well. 

"Ya that sounds like fun!" 

"Meet at my place tomorrow at noon?" I suggested as I looked at Zoe's handbag. It was a nice pastel colour and complimented her hair nicely. I was zoning off and I didn't hear what Marcus said at first. "Sorry, what was that?"

"That sounds great. I have to go Alfie, but I'll see you tomorrow!" and then he hung up. He was definitely out with some girl or something. Every month or so Marcus always had a new girl. I didn't mind so much anymore because now I had a girl of my own. Of course I hoped to have her way longer than a month. I wanted to have her for a very very long time. 

xxx