Alfie

When I woke up the next morning I wasn't surprise to find that Zoe had already woken up. We had gotten into a habit, Zoe woke up and about two hours later I woke up as well. I yawned and sat up looking at her coat slung on the back of my desk chair. I was so happy that she was finally living with me. 

After I had woken up a bit more, I made the bed and walked into the main room where I found Zoe sitting on the couch with a large black book in her lap. As I got closer I realised what it was. She had found my picture album that my mum gave me when I moved away for college. 

"What are you laughing at?" I asked wondering what picture Zoe was looking at as I moved closer towards her. I looked down at the faded photos taped neatly in the book and saw the picture of one of my earliest halloween costumes. I had dressed up as a tiger. 

"You were the cutest," Zoe said with a smile. I just laughed and rubbed her shoulder affectionately before going into the kitchen to get breakfast. I didn't have a lot of food, but hopefully Zoe and I could go shopping later in the day and stock up my fridge and cupboards. 

____________________

When Zoe and I got back from shopping I plopped onto the couch. It had been a long day. There was a long line at the store, there were annoying people at the store, it was busy. It was just a lot of things we didn't really want to go through and I was glad to be home. 

"I'll help you put away the groceries in a few minutes, I just need to rest for a bit," I said shutting my eyes and just thinking about how comfortable my couch was, almost more comfortable than my bed. For whatever reason I didn't understand. 

Zoe didn't respond at first and it was oddly silent. I opened my eyes and turned to look at her. She was looking at her phone with a look of shock. "What's up?" I asked standing up and walking over to her. 

She drew her attention from her lit screen and smiled at me. "I just got an email from Maker Studios, they want me to come and work for them!" she said loudly the smile spreading larger and larger across her face. 

I was confused though, I had no idea what Maker Studios was or why on earth Zoe was so excited about it. "Wait, what's Maker Studios?" I felt stupid asking the question, but I needed to know. 

"It's a company that a lot of good youtubers work for that was founded by Shay Carl, Alfie this is so exciting!!" she said loudly jumping up in the air, her face still brightly lit. "I have to go call Louise!" She then scampered out of the room to call her friend. 

I sighed, I wanted to be happy with Zoe, but I was still confused about the whole situation. I was knew to the whole Youtube scene, it wasn't exactly my expertise. Now that Zoe was on the phone, I would have to put away all the groceries myself. I was happy for Zoe, I really was, I just didn't understand why I even had a reason to be happy. 

xxx