Zoe

When I got back to the apartment I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Alfie had set up everything for a movie night. We had them often, but they were never planned and I always loved whenever Alfie just randomly decided to set one up for us. They basically just consisted of cuddling, kissing, and watching a movie. 

It all made sense as to why Alfie wanted candy from the store, I was surprised I hadn't been able to guess the real reason. I just thought Alfie was having a real craving at the moment. 

Once I had set down the bags in the kitchen I walked into the back room to find Alfie at the desk. He was editing a video. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him kissing him softly under the ear. 

"Hey, I love you," I whispered softly. 

He turned and kissed me on the lips as he said, "Hey, I love you too." 

____________________________

One Month Later 

It was in the airplane on my way back to San Francisco to be with Alfie for two weeks. I had just finished another long week without him in Los Angeles. The weeks I was away were starting to feel more normal, but the ache of missing Alfie never really went away. 

Christmas was in four days so I had been given a week long break where I could just stay at home with Alfie and I was actually so excited for it. We hadn't spent more than a week together for a month and it was really draining us. 

I thought it was a good test of how much we were willing to do for each other though. I knew that Alfie hated being without me as much, if not more, than I hated it. I liked to think of it as a growing experience for our relationship though. 

Once we landed I pulled out my phone and noticed a text messge from my mother. 

Mum - 'Hey Sweetie, I know we haven't talked in ages, but I was wondering if I could come over on Christmas morning or something? I miss you <3' 

I was shocked, my mother hadn't talked to me since I left England ages ago. I was closer with my dad and I mean I'd told my mum about how I was moving, but I didn't think she really cared. After she got a divorce with my dad she basically disappeared to me. 

I didn't know how to respond so I just ignored the text and collected my luggage to go and meet Alfie. I would try to think about this problem later, now I just wanted to focus on the fact that I had two weeks to spend with Alfie, and I was going to try to make them the best two weeks ever. 

xxx