Zoe

The next I woke up confused as to why the fact that my bed was empty. I had expected Alfie to be there lying next to me and I was so terribly frustrated when I realised he was all the way on the other end of the state. I didn't have time to be sad though, I had to get ready for my first day of work. 

I was nervous to go and meet the people at Maker, I was worried they wouldn't like me or something like that. I was just nervous to go someplace I had never been before. To me, that was the most frightening thing ever. 

But then I remembered, I was saying yes to things now, and I should at least try to be happy about it. I had said yes to this opportunity and left Alfie behind because of it, it was supposed to be an enjoyable experience. I needed to make it fun. 

It took me a while to get ready for two reasons. I wanted my makeup and hair to be perfect, but also I didn't really want to leave the comfort of my own flat and being by myself. I finally left though and got a cab out in front of the apartment building. 

The cab driver tried to talk to me on the way to Maker, but I didn't really reciprocate any conversation. I just wanted to drive in silence. After a bit, the driver finally got the hint that I didn't want to talk and he stopped asking me pointless questions. 

I paid him and let him keep the change when we got to the business building. I got out a bit shakily and walked inside to the cool, airconditioned lobby. The women at the front desk seemed to recognised me and smiled widely as I walked closer to her. 

"Zoe! Nice to finally meet you. I'm Kirsten," she stuck her hand out towards mine and I tentatively reached out mine and we shook. "Some people are waiting to meet you, here follow me." She stood up from her seat and lead me back into the hallway to meet some "people." 

We walked into a room filled with a couple men and women who looked very laid back and super nice. I recognised one as Shay Carl, who had his own vlogging channel and had basically helped start the company I was going to be working for. 

I loved his videos and I became quite flustered when I saw him, I didn't know that he was going to be here, and it made me very happy and excited, but also very nervous. 

"Please sit down Zoe," Kirsten said pulling out a chair for me. I smiled at sat down as the first day at my new job begin. 

xxx