Zoe

I woke up and at first was excited because I knew that it was Christmas, but then everything that had happened yesterday came back to me and I realised that I would have to face Alfie, and my mother, who Alfie had probably told everything to. 

Alfie hadn't come back into the bedroom to sleep in the bed, which either meant he stayed at Marcus' or he slept on the couch. I didn't know which one was worse. 

As I got out of bed, I sighed. Another day to have to try and get through. At least this day came with presents. 

No one was in the kitchen or living room when I walked out there. I went straight to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea when I noticed a cup already sitting on the counter. There was a letter with my name written on it in Alfie's handwriting, in crayon; I couldn't help but smile. 

I took a sip of the tea before opening up the letter. It was neatly typed and only about two paragraphs or so; it took up a quarter of the page. I read it through and then reread it. I didn't think I had ever read anything nicer before. 

Dear Zoe. 

I guess I just have to start out and say sorry. I didn't mean to try and push you too fast or scare you when I asked you to be my wife. We're young, and I guess I'd forgotten that since I've sort of being blinded by my passion. I love you, and I like to hope you love me too, but that doesn't mean we have to get married right now. 

I have a proposal for you. We start over? Maybe we're just roommates for a while, maybe we're even just friends. I want to take you on romantic dates and make your heart leap, because you deserve it, but I want it to feel special and new to you. I think we should hve a fresh start and see where that takes us. 

I love you so much; I want to do whatever makes you happy. You deserve to be the happiest girl in the world. 

Love, 

Alf xxx

Just then, Alfie came out of the spare bedroom with my mother. I walked over to him and hugged him, just a hug nothing more, but it was the best hug ever. I was ready to start things over, I was really to take things slow, I was ready. Because I loved Alfie Deyes and I would do anything to make us happy. 

This, this was when everything finally felt right.

The end! xxx