十五

I was running, no sprinting to the end of the street with Namjoon only a few meters ahead of me. Behind us was a herd of walkers chasing us. Yes, about more than a 100 of them were on our trail trying to catch up to us and tear us apart with their disgusting nails and sharp teeth.

I remembered how we ended up in this situation and almost killed Namjoon for it. Indeed it was all his fault and it made me want to rip his head off. 'A plan' he told me when I asked him if he knew how dangerous this was. Plan my ass, we're going to die and it's gonna be his fault.

I'll deal with you in hell Namjoon.

I looked behind us and they seemed to be falling behind, preferably because they couldn't run or probably didn't know how to. They dragged their legs, their necks tilted to the side in a very unnatural way, their arms limping side to side like they had lost total control over their hands and most of their mouths covered with blood or disgusting raw human flesh.

I slowed down, my throat burning and my heart beating faster than a runaway train. "Slow down" I told Namjoon as he was already at the end of the street. I added 'asshole' in my mind but decided not to say it out loud. He stopped and turned around, his eyes widening in realization that I was with him.

He waited for me to catch up while I glared at him. "What kind of shit plan is this? I thought you had an IQ of 148 or something" I mumbled as an amused smile crept up to his face.

"Just wait and watch" He said as he calculated the distance between us and the 8 dozen walkers trailing us. 'Yeah, I'll wait and die' I huffed inside my head but didn't say it out loud. I could see a huge glass office building blocking the end of the street which made me stop in my tracks and observe in awe.

The building looked more like a hotel, the glass that covered floor to ceiling on every floor was glistening under the moonlight. It hadn't been long since we left Yoongi's mansion so it was still night time, about 2 in the am. "This way" Namjoon's deep voice snapped me from my trance and I turned my head to look at him. He was pointing at a small alleyway between some very tall buildings. "Hurry up" He grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me towards it.

'Why couldn't we just go to the luxurious building ahead of us' I grimaced as I got pulled by the tall man. "How is this going to help us get rid of those walkers? They can see and smell where we are-"

"Stop speaking" He cut me off and took out his phone from his back pocket. I raised an eyebrow and leaned closer to see what he was doing at a time like this. He scrolled down with his thumb and pressed on the torch icon. A bright light from the end of his phone flashed out and he raised it to one of the walls of the tight alleyway.

There stood a tall ladder leading up to a rusted platform at the side of the building. He pulled me forward and I realized he was still holding my wrist. I shrugged his hand off and grabbed the ladder to climb up but realized I couldn't bring myself to do it. "Sora, they're almost here" He whispered as he pointed his torch at me.

"I can't" My voice croaked as I looked at him in panic.

"What do you me-" He said but it was my turn to cut him off.

"I can't climb ladders" Yes I knew that was a stupid thing to say. Who in the world didn't know how to climb ladders? But the truth is, I'm scared of heights so I've never even tried to climb a ladder, afraid that I'd fall off and die. Right now, I'd rather get eaten by a hundred walkers than climb this ladder way up there.

Namjoon looked surprised for a while but he let out a sigh when the familiar growling became louder. "Hold this" He handed me his phone and turned around. "Jump on" He said as he bent down.

"W-what" I stuttered as I stared at his back. He was wearing a black leather jacket which covered the tight white shirt he wore underneath. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw the walkers turning into the alleyway and I knew I had no choice but to jump on. Or else we'd both get eaten alive.

Without a thought, I put my legs around his waist and my arms on his shoulder, while still holding his phone so he could see where he was climbing. He lifted me up with no effort and told me to 'hold on tight' before starting to climb the ladder.

If we were a second late, the walkers would've reached us. I held on to him tight as he looked up and climbed as if there was not a heavy person hanging from his shoulder. Letting out a sigh of relief that the horrid things didn't catch up to us, I adjusted the backpack on my shoulder. Namjoon had left his bag in the car which was parked not too far from here. "Don't look down" He told me as we went higher up. I looked down and immediately regretted it. The ground was so far away and if I fell down, I would be killed by the walkers if not from the fall. I squeezed my legs around him in fear and he stopped. "Can you not squeeze me to death" He said and I quickly loosened my grip in embarrassment.

"Sorry" I mumbled as pink tinted my cheeks and I was slightly thankful he couldn't see my face burning up. My heart beat was finally calming down from all the running but it was still beating fast due to the close proximity I had with Namjoon. He always made me feel weird whenever we made physical contact. He had this distinct smell that reminded me of the forest and trees, but I liked it.

He finally reached the rusty platform and stopped. "Can you climb from here" It was more of a statement but I purposely took it as a question.

"No" I mumbled near his ear, my breath touching his neck. What if I kiss it? No, I shook my head; what the hell am I thinking? Oh well, at least its distracting me from my acrophobia and thoughts of death.

I heard Namjoon chuckle as he grabbed a pole and halted himself up to the platform. When I thought the floor was stable enough, I slowly placed my feet on it and removed my arms from Namjoon's shoulders. I felt like such a kid doing it but it was a life or death matter to me.

Namjoon took his phone from me and broke (yes literally shatter) a large window beside the steel base we were on top of with only a punch. I silently awed at how hot he looked breaking into a building. He took out his pistol and went inside the building, me following him like a lost puppy. I took out my knife and pistol and put them in a position where I could defend myself from both low and high range.

"All clear" The man mumbled and switched on some lights. I squinted because the sudden brightness was too much for my eyes and then glared at him after letting my eyes adjust to the lighting.

"Stop glaring at me, babe"