二十一

Lee Sora

My head throbbed and my eyes started closing because I was extremely tired. I sat up and grabbed my bottle of water to sooth my parched throat and try to stay awake. It was about 4 am in the morning. I sat in the small hospital room. Namjoon was sleeping on the white bed in front of me.

His leg was wrapped in clean bandages and his wrist had a drip connected to it. He had lost a lot of blood and since this is a hospital, Jin and I managed to find donated blood that matched Namjoon's blood type. Apparently Jin was once a nurse and thankfully had helped me treat Namjoon. I don't know what I would have done without him.

I don't know why I felt so worried for Namjoon. It was this feeling of shock and horror and the thought of losing him that made me extremely worried. I had stayed up all night, waiting for this man to open his eyes and not die on me.

Jin had told me that he'd be alright but my mind wouldn't agree. I had to make sure he was fine by myself. It was at this moment that I realized I've always only cared for me and my feelings. I wanted to care for Namjoon this time.

I was anxious, waiting for him to wake up. My heart had calmed down after going on a rampage a few hours ago when I saw Namjoon's wound. I started thinking about what I'd do after he wakes up and if I should go without him or not. Sending him back to Yoongi's mansion would be a good idea.

My eyes slowly drifted close and I finally went to sleep unintentionally.

~~~

The next time I woke up, it was 12 in the afternoon. My back hurt but the headache was completely gone. I stood up and stretched my arms, hearing the sound of my bones crack and yawned. I stared at Namjoon after rubbing my eyes and realized he was still unconscious.

After groaning and cursing at him to wake up, I left the room to wash my face and see what Seokjin was upto. I was also very hungry so I decided to grab something to eat from my bag after I washed up. The broad shouldered man was watching TV in the waiting room.

"Hi" I said as I took a seat in one of the seats which were once used for patients waiting for the doctor to call them. He smiled at me and said a 'good morning'

We had a small chat and played a small game of rock-paper-scissors before I decided to get up and head back to Namjoon's room. I took a seat on the white chair and studied his unconscious figure.

His hair was ruffled, his eyes closed showing no signs of waking up. I pouted and leaned forward, placing my chin on my palm which was resting on my knee. Namjoon is tall and handsome. Some people may think otherwise but I think his real charm is him caring about other people instead of himself.

This is what makes us complete opposites. Namjoon is kind and caring. He is outgoing and everyone loves him. I am selfish and only think about myself. I hate people and everyone is mostly scared of me. It's what attracts me to him.

After an hour or so, Namjoon finally opened his eyes and I felt a rush of relief. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Like the constant ache in my heart was finally gone. Even my breathing felt back to normal as I sat up and leaned back in the chair to make it seem I was not worrying for him.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up" I said.

~~~
(you know what happened from here and I can't be bothered to write it again)

~~~

"...and so SeokJin bandaged you up, inserted that drip in your wrist and told me to wait for you to wake up. I sort of want to punch you for taking so much time but since you're hurt, I'll let it go" I finished speaking.

Namjoon laughed out loud and faced me with a large smile on his face, his dimples prominent on his cheeks. I wondered if what I said was really that funny and gave him a confused look.

"Why are you so happy?" It came out ruder than I expected but the smile didn't falter from his face.

"You were worried for me" He stated as if it was obvious enough. I stayed quiet. "You've changed" He added.

"How?" I asked and pulled my feet onto the chair because being in the same position was making me uncomfortable.

"I don't think the old Lee Sora would've cared if I got badly wounded, dragged me all the way here and stayed up all night just to make sure I was okay" Namjoon said. I thought about what he said and realized how right he was. The old me wouldn't have given two shits if he was injured. It would've been more convenient for me to just run away and use Namjoon as a decoy for the herd of walkers. But I didn't. Namjoon tried to sit up and groaned.

"Are you okay?" I asked standing up and going near him to check his leg. "You shouldn't move it too much or it'll hurt" The white bandage had a small red spot showing the bleeding hadn't fully stopped but it looked fine.

"No" He said.

"No what?" I asked without even looking at him and softly touching the bandage.

"No, I'm not okay. Come here" He said and suddenly grabbed my wrist pulling me towards him. I was caught off guard and accidentally landed on the bed. I changed my position and sat up on his side to look at his face.

"What was that for?" I almost yelled but kept my cool. His hand was still on my wrist. The man had a cheeky smile on his face while I glared at him. The weird thing was that I didn't try to get up and go away. Maybe it was the soft bed or maybe it was the curiosity to know what was going to happen next that made me stay seated on the spot.

Namjoon didn't answer me but instead let go of my wrist. I felt his fingers softly trail up my palm and intertwine his fingers with mine. He squeezed our hands and I stared at them, feeling my heart beat increase by the second.

I felt the atmosphere change suddenly and gulped, not knowing what to do. It was like a drama scene but I had no idea what he'd do next. Should I run away? Should I face him?

I went with the latter and moved my face, my dark brown eyes making contact with his light ones. A small shiver went up my spine at the intensity of the moment and I felt a hoard of butterflies flying around in my stomach.

What he indicated with his actions was pretty obvious what he wanted. He was lying down and it was up to me if I really wanted to lean down and do it. I remembered the day him and the others were playing truth and dare and how they made him kiss me.

However that was only a peck on the cheek and this is the real thing.

I was feeling for a double update today ^^

Also, exciting chapter coming up on joon's birthday *wink* *wonk*