十九

My first instinct was to run towards Namjoon and help him lift his leg off the rod. The body that was lying next to him belonged to the walker who had jumped on us in the first place and I could see that Namjoon had killed it with the pistol that was now in my hand. He had saved me once again and now it was my turn to save him.

"Namjoon" I said his name and he opened his eyes to look up at me. My eyebrows were raised and it was obvious that I was panicking and extremely worried. "What do I do?!" I asked him. I couldn't do this alone. He can't run in his state even if I manage to get him up and it was hard enough with the silver rod still poking through his leg.

I crouched down next to him. "J-just" He grounded his teeth together in pain. "Help me get my leg out" He said tightly gripping his thigh with both of his hands. I could hear the walkers getting closer and immediately grabbed his ankle.

"O-okay" I stumbled on my own words. "On 3" I counted till 3 and we both jolted his leg up and out of the rod. He groaned in pain causing me to flinch as I could feel how much it hurt. Not literally of course.

"Namjoon! Are you okay?" I said putting my hand on his wound. I put pressure on it with my fingers and he almost passed out from the pain. 'If I don't do anything right now, we will both die' I thought to myself. This instantly triggered me and I started recollecting my thoughts.

Now wasn't the time to panic.

It's not my time to die.

I still have a lot to do.

I can't die just yet.

And I can't let Namjoon die.

I grabbed my shirt and ripped the end of it as I would do with a bandage. Instead of tying it around his wound, I tied it on his thigh rather tightly to stop the bleeding. I then quickly ripped another piece out, barely showing my stomach (but right now I didn't care) and tied it on his wound.

"Wait here. You're in no condition to run" I whispered to him while putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. He nodded his head as if he trusted me and we both pulled him up so he could sit leaning against the wall. If he fainted or passed out, I wouldn't be able to save him so he had to sit up.

I grabbed my back and took out the rifle. Thankfully, I had loaded it earlier and if my shots were accurate enough, I could get rid of most of them. I stood up and walked around the bush to face the army of walkers running towards me.

There were too many but I had to take my chances. I aimed it at one of the walkers head and pulled the trigger causing the heavy gun to jolt forward and shoot a bullet straight through the walkers head, making it fall down on the ground and making the walkers behind it stumble on top of him. I adjusted my fingers around the rifle and urged myself to get used to the loud gun shots that went through the whole street whenever I pulled the trigger.

And then a smirk made its way on my face as I pulled the trigger again and kept my finger tight against it causing a dozen bullets to shoot one after another. My whole body was vibrating as I tried to kill every walker with the bullets that zapped through my gun. I recalled my gaming skills and put the end of the rifle below arm to get better aim. As I killed three walkers at once, I started getting used to the machine in my hand and started getting more headshots: therefore leading to more kills.

I closed one eyes and aimed the gun at the walkers head again and pulled the trigger again and again to try and kill every one of them. Unfortunately for me, there were too many walkers and my bullets had to run out sooner or later. Even though I was doing great, I didn't want to wait around for them to get up again and come running at me so I put the gun away on my back and ran towards Namjoon who was still holding his leg tightly.