三十四

Kim Namjoon

"But hyung~" Taehyung whined as he tried to shove a bunch of strawberry flavoured Oreos in his already full backpack. I rubbed my hands on my face and looked away to see where the others were. Yoongi and Jimin were making out in one corner of the small convenient store making me grimace while Jungkook was nowhere to be found.

"Taehyung we need to get real food!" I said as the guy stumbled sideways because his bag was too heavy for his weak body. He shook his head rather fast and ran away, hiding behind an isle of chocolates. Ignoring the rather childish man, I yelled out Jungkook's name to find out where he was. After hearing no response I decided to throw my bag of food to the gay couple making out in the corner so they would stop and actually do something useful.

"Jungkook you ass" I mumbled as I pulled my gun out of my holster and walked out of the shop. I felt like such a dad having to take care of his wild kids who had no sense of responsibility. Walking out of the shop, I saw the young man standing outside holding his phone in the air.

"Jungkook...Why the hell are you taking selfies?" I said sarcastically and he whipped his head to the side.

"Oh hyung" He said pulling his phone down and slapping it on the palm of his hand twice. "I can't get a signal" He frowned ignoring my previous remark.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I can't get a connection. Somi called me a few minutes ago but the line went dead so I came out here looking for a signal" He explained. I made an 'o' with my mouth and observed my surroundings to sense any sort of danger.

"Do you think she's okay?" He asked a glint of worry in his eyes.

I nodded my head confidently. "I'm sure Sora will protect her if anything happens" If there was one thing I knew about my girlfriend, it was that she was braver than a soldier going to war.

"Let's go get the others so we can go back home. It's getting late"

***

"The fuck?!" Yoongi yelled as he stopped the car making me jolt forward in my seat. I looked away from a shiny item in my hand to look at what he was so surprised about. From the windshield I could see the rich guy's mansion completely opposite to how we left it. A horrifying feeling grew in my heart as I saw the fence which was torn apart and dozens of walkers walking around in the courtyard and near the garage.

"Shit" I cursed as I signaled Yoongi to run his car over them. He obliged and hit them on purpose making blood splatter on the windshield. I threw open the door and jumped out of my friend's car. The walkers had noticed the presence of the vehicle and were now moving towards it. In an instant all of the guys were out with different weapons in their hands.

"Go!" Jimin said looking me and Jungkook as he loaded his ak-47 and prepared to shoot at the moving creatures. I gave him a look telling him 'I owe you one' and nudged Jungkook towards the house while Taehyung, Yoongi and Jimin took care of the walkers outside. The sound of a motor reached my ear as we neared the building and I wondered what it was.

"Isn't that the generator" Jungkook thought out loud, unintentionally answering my question. My eyes widened as things clicked into place.

The whole city was dark, explaining something had happened to the city's power plant therefore cutting off the electricity to every house and shop. The generator was on either because it was designed to do that or someone went in there and started it. "Do you thin-"

"Let's just go inside and check if they're in there" Jungkook cut me off and threw open the door which was surprisingly unlocked. He ran upstairs while I looked at the garage hesitantly. After a moment of contemplating where to go, I ended up following Jungkook into the house.

"Sora!" I yelled as I switched on the lights to the hallway. It was strangely quiet and a wave of negative thoughts flooded my mind. Jungkook had already moved on to the floor upstairs after checking all the rooms on the first floor and I was stuck, imagining the worst situations possible.

"HYUNG COME UPSTAIRS RIGHT NOW" Jungkook yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. I gulped and climbed up the steps rather hastily. "Come in here" He said from the room he and Somi usually share. I walked in after kicking a random box out of my way.

I saw Jungkook standing in the middle of a chaotic room. It was completely upside down. As if a wild bear had been locked in here against its will. The bed was flipped on its side, the dresser was lying on the ground, pieces of broken wood covering the white carpeted floor. Hell, even the curtains were torn off from the hinges, revealing the darkened city.

"What the fuck happened in here?" I asked and observed the young man's baffled expression. He looked at me confused and shocked, completely clueless. Before I could say anything or figure things out, Jungkook eyes shifted behind me and widened even further. Before I could assume that there was someone behind me, I felt myself falling forward by the force of a small hand on my upper back.

HEY *waves innocently*

right i know i know, I'm really sorry for the late update blah blah blah but yall should know by now that my life's a mess. anyway i is so sad that this book's ending soon ;-;

plewse vote if u liked this chapter <3 i'd appreciate it :3