二十九

There was absolute no chance to save them considering the bullets had went directly through their skulls. They must've died instantly. Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes but I didn't let them flow because this was not the time to be crying. "H-halmeoni?" my voice cracked and I gulped hoping she'd sit right up and say that she's alright. Unfortunately, she didn't.

I looked at Bora and suddenly felt guilty for hating her so much. Even if she was a whore all her life, she was still my cousin and I in a way cared about her. My mind started wandering off to Hoseok and whether he was alive but was interrupted when someone came running in.

"Oh my god" Namjoon said as soon as he saw the brutal and violent scene. He was traumatized just like me but quickly snapped out of it. "Sora. We have to go. There's an army tanker nearby, and if they see us here..." He trailed off letting me figure out the rest. It must've been them who had killed my grandmother and cousin.

I stood up and looked at him. "We can't just leave their bodies here!" I exclaimed feeling nauseous suddenly. My brain had completely shut down and my heart felt like something heavy was put on it. I thought about Hoseok again and wondered if I should call out to him. I didn't have time to search the house for him. The sound of the tanker reached my ear and I knew they were at the end of the street and it was only a matter of time before they catch us.

I didn't realize I was thinking so long because I felt a soft grip on my wrist that lead me out the front door in a hurry. Namjoon was literally dragging me along with him as he ran for the car. I felt the world go silent and lost control of my body as if I was dreaming. My eyes blurred and I started seeing clouds everywhere as if I was on the verge of consciousness.

The shock of seeing my family members dead had finally gotten to me and it hit me like a brick on the face. I couldn't think much but the last thing I remembered was Namjoon throwing me in the car and turning the engine on before I fainted.

***

Kim Namjoon

I turned my head to look at her again and sighed. She had been like this for a while now. Slumped against the passenger seat, a blank look on her face and staring at nothing. I tried speaking to her a few times but she wouldn't answer, as if she was too lost thinking about what her life was.

I got her something to eat but she refused to touch it. It was night time now and I was constantly thinking where we could stay the night. Ever since she regained consciousness, I kept worrying if Sora was alright. Everything added to the stress.

I handed her a bottle of water but she didn't even look at it. I get that she was still in shock from what happened earlier but doing this to herself wasn't helping the fact that we were in the middle of nowhere.

"Babe... please drink some" I tried using the name she hated so much but it didn't affect her. She stayed still, staring at the window lifelessly. I thought about how fucked up her life was and felt pitiful. She's lost the most important person to her.

Sora has always been brave, and those were one of the traits I appreciated about her so much. Right now, it may seem like she was being her normal self by ignoring everything around her but if you had known her as much I did, then you would've easily pointed out that she was shocked and depressed. She was lifeless, as if her soul had left her body.

I thought about calling Yoongi to help me out in this situation and realized I left my phone back at her grandmother's place. It was sad to think that the old and kind woman was gone. She had taken care of me so well that I had grown fond of her.

As far as I'd seen, Hoseok was nowhere in sight so there were chances that he was still alive. But then again I had no idea if he was or not. I looked out at the dark streets and saw a few things moving around. The engine was turned off to attract as less walkers as possible and so was the light, so it was completely dark everywhere except the street lights.

I wracked my brain for places we could go to spend the night but nothing came to mind. Yoongi's place was too far away, the hospital was on the other side of the city, there were motels nearby but there were also chances that they had been completely taken over by walking dead people.

Finally, getting frustrated by the silence I started the engine and started driving to nowhere, going over walkers to crush them. I turned the car into a street, my destination being Yoongi's house. I didn't care how long it would take.

I stopped the car abruptly when I heard Sora's calm voice. "Namjoon" She spoke catching my attention almost instantly. Hearing her say my name after after hours of waiting to hear her soothing voice made my heart beat faster.

"Don't ever leave me" her voice cracked. I looked at her glossy eyes and felt a gush of emotions. She had been through so much and I was the last person important to her.

I took a deep breath and pulled her into a tight hug. "Trust me. I won't. Ever" I said as she nodded her head. We stayed in that position for a few minutes until I let her go and wondered if she was going to talk to me now.

"Go back to that convenient store will you? I want to kill some of those fuckers" She said, a hint of anger in her voice. I complied, knowing a pissed Sora was a dangerous Sora. And if you didn't listen to her... well, you'd already be dead.

I turned the car around and drove backwards. When I stopped the car, she didn't even give me a chance to say something but exited the car with her pistol, knife and torch in hand. I watched her aim at a walker and pull the trigger. I knew that was a bad idea because the sound was loud and attracted a lot of walkers this way. She started shooting at them, probably out of the anger she had been holding in and killed them in direct headshots. I stared at her in awe but saw more of them running at her.

"Sora get back in!" I yelled at her as I saw a bunch of walkers running up to her. It was like in slow motion and I felt like I was going to lose her if I didn't do anything so I stepped out my car and started shooting at the walkers along with her. We went 360°, aiming at anything that came near us. It kind of reminded me of how both of us went on a killing spree when we were still at the school. I felt like the cool dude in the movies as I fired one after the other.

Unfortunately, the bullets had a limit and mine ran out faster than Sora's. I got back in the car to look for more bullets while Sora ran towards the door of the convenient store, shooting at anything behind her. I yelled at her to get in the car but she didn't listen.

Instead, she disappeared from my sight, leaving me alone in the car, surrounded by walkers trying to break the glass. Of course walkers ran after her as well but it only took me moment to figure out that we were completely separated and helpless.

Unlike what we had promised only minutes ago.