Chapter 1: Stark Tower

Our story begins in my Uncle Tony's building where he created inventions of all sorts. That includes his all too famous Iron Man suit. When my Mother and Father were killed when I was about six, I was taken into the business of saving people. Natasha Romanoff and Bruce Banner were the only family I had ever really had, so everything was more protective over me than your average girl.

So I trained and fought with Natasha everyday in my Uncle's training room. But as everyone went around me happily enjoying life, I wanted nothing more than to go to a real High School and have a real boyfriend. It was the one thing I'd ever wanted. I didn't want to save the world without first going to Prom and getting my first kiss. And everything changed when Peter Parker came into play.

Peter Parker was my Uncle's apprentice, like how I was Natasha's apprentice. He was my age and he was Spider-Man. When he walked in through the doors during my training session one day, I gave the dummy one last punch before flexibly making my way over to my Uncle and this new boy.

"Uncle Tony!" I smiled and hugged him.

"Hello sunshine." Uncle Tony smiled back and then faced the young boy as did I.

"Who's this?" I asked.

"Peter Parker." Uncle Tony smiled.

"Pleased to meet you-" Peter began.

"Hands off my niece." Uncle Tony said, smacking Peter's hand away.

"Uncle Tony, I'm not six anymore." I said, embarrassed.

"Of course, Dani." Uncle Tony said wearily, and he unwillingly let me touch Peter.

His hands were warm just like his perfect brown eyes. He was like something out of my Nicholas Sparks books. It was, after all, my one connection to the real world.

"Nice to meet you, Peter." I smiled as I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Danielle." Peter smiled back.

And for a moment time was stopped in Stark Tower. Everything was like some fragments of a dream coming together at last. Like an orchestra playing a ballet and the audience being moved to tears because of it. And my heart was warmed and touched by the brunette boy I'd met.