Chapter 4: A Brotherly Talk

"How could this happen?!" I said in aggravation.

"What are we talking about again?" Steve asked I had my meltdown.

"The fact that my crush is dating a supermodel from the depths of hell!!" I screamed.

"Oh come on baby sis, don't act so childish about this." Steve sighed.

"Steve, you don't understand. This is my first shot at a real life that isn't told through Taylor Swift music and Nicholas Sparks books!" I cried.

"At least you weren't frozen in an iceberg for 70 Years." Steve rolled his eyes.

"At least you had a family!" I shot back.

"At least you get to be around someone you love for the rest of your life!" Steve said, looking away.

"Steve..." I looked at him, knowing what he meant.

"She's gone. And I'm stuck here. Alone." Steve held back the tears.

"You're not alone, Steve. I'm here." I smiled wearily.

"Don't take what you've got for granted, Dani." Steve reminded me, sitting down on his bed.

"I know, Steve. You've told me a million times."  I sighed, sitting down on his bed next to him.

"But this time, it matters." Steve sighed.

"DANIELLE! GET DOWN HERE!" Natasha called from the training room.

"What do you suppose she wants?" I asked.

"Something related to you fighting." Steve smiled.

"You can never tell if she's pissed at me because she always uses my full name." I laughed.

"Good Luck Dani." Steve smiled at me before I left.

  I ran down to the training room to see what Natasha needed. And I was surprised to see Tony and Peter there too. Something told me this wasn't good.