Chapter 9: But I Don't

|Peter Parker's POV|

  Mary Jane took me away right before I could Danielle how I felt. Of course, Mary Jane look beautiful even when she was pissed off. But not as beautiful as Danielle was.

"Tell me you love me." Mary Jane ordered.

"I'd be lying." I admitted courageously.

"How dare you, Peter!" She gasped.

"Because, I don't love you. I just can't love you. It doesn't matter have ginger haired or popular you are, I can't love you as much as I love another. And that's not fair to you." I breathed.

  Mary Jane was crying by now. I'd figured she would've just kind of let this go by now. I didn't even know she actually cared about me. She was just, how do I put this nicely, fake. And it was easy to see it. She'd always run off with other boys when I'd shown interest in her. But then I got over her and she wouldn't have it. But guess what Mary Jane, that's not how the world works.

"H-How could you?" She asked through tears.

"You don't love me either and you know it." I said defiantly.

"Peter, you're breaking my heart." She cried, trying to fall to the ground in her 5 inch gold heels. I bet she got them on Clearance at Rack Room Shoes.

"Oh, and words of advice to someone I used to love," I said, looking back to see her crying still, "don't steal lines from Star Wars.".

  How could I have loved someone like that? Someone who was fake and didn't eat anything but Kale Salads when she weighted less than 120 pounds already? Someone who bought pounds of makeup to impress the f-boys in this damned school? How was I that blind?

"Peter!" I heard Danielle's voice and then I saw her.

"Danielle!" I called back and I embraced her.

"I love you." She smiled.

"I love you, too." I smiled back.

"You two will pay for this." Mary Jane hissed from behind us.

  And for a moment I was numb with how good it felt to have Danielle love me too. And it felt nice to know that I loved someone who wasn't held together with of pounds of makeup, cheetah print dresses, hair extensions and a perm. But someone real. But that moment would be over. Real soon.