Insanity

I stirred at the sound of numerous voices murmuring, their whispers compiling on top of each other making them sound much louder than intended. I was floating in the no-man's land between sleeping and waking and my mind seemed to be working rather sluggishly. I knew immediately that there was something wrong, but I just couldn't put my finger on what. It wasn't the voices; my apartment had ridiculously thin walls, so eavesdropping on my neighbors was less of a choice and more of an inevitability. No, it was something else entirely. 

The bed I lay on was soft and squishy, way too comfortable to be my used thin mattress and the sheets were much too smooth against my skin. The air around me was filled with several foreign scents, not at all what my apartment smelled like. The pillow beneath my head smelled sweet and acidic, like oranges, and the air was filled with the scent of spiced plums and cinnamon. 

Why didn't I remember how I got here...and where the hell was here

I focused on what I could remember. I'd gone to work last night and it'd been busy, busier then usual even for a Saturday. I'd only been filling in half a shift so I'd gotten off work earlier then my normal three a.m. Did I go out drinking after? I hardly ever got drunk but maybe I had and gone home with someone. Maybe that's why my brain felt fuzzy and my body ached.

"Oh my fucking god," I heard a deep voice sound behind me, "Kota, she's perfect." 

Kota? 

My mind snapped to full awareness as the events of last night came rushing back. A smoking hot stranger at the bar, flirting, deciding to go home with him...Victor! And then Kota, the bastard nerd who drugged me. 

My veins filled with a fury so potent I could taste its bitterness on my tongue. I wanted to jump from the bed and attack whoever was watching me, but from the different sounds coming from behind me, I knew there were more people than I thought. Instead, I feigned unconsciousness, keeping perfectly still so I could gather as much information as I could before making any rash decisions. 

"How did you find her?" The same voice spoke again, an ounce of awe and wonderment making the deepness of it sound rather endearing instead of intimidating. "She's everything I asked for...how?"

Apparently, words failed him and I heard several different chuckles rumble around the room. Another voice, this one less deep than the first and one I immediately recognized, answered. "Well, of course, she's what you asked for." Kota sounded offended at the thought of falling short of expectations. "It's your birthday." 

As if that was reason enough to go around kidnapping innocent women! I wanted to scream at them but bit my tongue to keep quiet. To be honest, I shouldn't be judging too much. I caused a rather messy homicide a couple months back when I got a rather expensive parking ticket, so how much worse was kidnapping in the name of birthday celebrations, really?

"Vic, Kota..." The deep voice was thick like he was fighting deep emotion, "Fuck me, she's already my favorite and I haven't even dressed her yet! Thank you!" 

Another round of chuckles sounded before I heard the voice I had been waiting for, "You're welcome, Gabe. We just wanted you to have a good birthday." It sounded like Victor clapped someone, Gabe I assumed, on the shoulder as he spoke.

"Happy birthday." Several voices sounded at once, all male, and I felt panic flutter in my chest. Holy crap, how many of them are there? I possibly had a chance against three if I had the jump on them, but there were at least six if not more voices in the room with me. Shit.

"Thanks guys." Gabe said and the shuffling noise of feet against carpet approached.

"Wait." A stern voice, cold and heavy with authority rang through the room and the feet halted their approach. "I would suggest not getting too close at this time, Gabriel. Judging from her change in breathing, she's been awake for the past several minutes. From the account told to me by Victor and Dakota, I take it she's rather feral."