Intense

I was sulking and it was annoying Gabriel and Luke to no end, so I kept it up much longer than I would have normally. Gabriel had stood me up on the stage before the mirrors and continued to dress me up like his very own Barbie. Granted the outfit he chose, a black swirling skirt that hit me mid-thigh and pretty pink blouse that hugged the small curves of my torso, was actually really cute and something I probably would have worn myself. It only made me angrier that I could appreciate the clothes he put me in.

I hadn't spoken a word to either of them since they'd forcefully removed the only weapons I'd managed to find, thus stripping me of any hope I had of slitting their throats and escaping. They were a lot less angry then I expected and even tried to get me to talk to them, but I'd refused. So they were now talking to each other, like two best friends hanging out on a Friday night as Gabriel brushed and styled my hair to perfection. He'd fawned over my hair, calling it chameleon hair since it had different shades of blond, brown, and auburn, though I just assumed it was dirty blond. I let him though, unwilling to admit to myself that the feel of his fingers running through my hair was comforting and relaxing, even given the situation.

"So," Gabriel's voice sounded close to my ear and I jumped at his close proximity, "What do you think, Doll?"

I rolled my eyes and glanced up the mirror, my reflection distracting me from saying something snarky about him calling me 'doll'. My hair hung in shiny loose curls around my face and my make up was light and tasteful. Somehow, he had made my green eyes look piercing and alluring and my skin look smooth and rosy without giving the impression that I was wearing make up at all. I could see the darkness of the mascara on my lashes but that was about it. I looked natural and, well, beautiful. I was actually impressed and for a moment, I wished that I had met him under different circumstances so I could compliment his work. As it was, I clenched my jaw tightly and glanced back down at the surface of the vanity where I sat.

"Aw, come on, Doll! You look fucking fantastic and I don't even get a smile." He frowned down at me and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Don't call me 'doll'." I bit out and glanced down at my nails that were now painted a rosy pink to match the shirt I was wearing, except for my thumbs that were painted a shiny, iridescent black. Gabriel growled behind me and I risked a peek at his expression in the mirror.

He was irritated, I could tell, but I was still sore about the theft of my razor blades and the manhandling. "What else am I supposed to call you since you refuse to tell me your name?" He asked, running his fingers through my hair again to give the curls a more natural look. "Or should I just choose my own name...Doll?"

"Bite me." I snapped and he grinned rather sinfully.

He leaned into to me, holding my gaze in the mirror as his mouth found its way to my ear. "Be careful what you ask for, Love." He nipped at my lobe and I gasped at the electric current that shot through my body settling low in my stomach at the action. "You might just get it." He pulled away, the moment passing as quickly as it came as he turned to Luke behind us. "What do you think, Luke?"

Luke had pulled over the desk chair to sit behind us and watch Gabriel work over me. Apparently, at some point, Luke had gotten bored and was now spinning in circles on the computer chair. He dropped his feet to the carpet with a soft thump to stop his whirling momentum and came to a halt, taking a moment to get his dizzy eyes to focus on my reflection. His eyebrows shot up and his brown eyes melted to liquid chocolate as he devoured me with his gaze.

"You clean up nice, Sugar." He complimented, his South Carolina accent thickening. Gabriel grinned widely at the flattery and I bit my tongue to keep from replying, either in thanks or insult. Luke stood and approached us to stand next to Gabriel at my opposite shoulder as he continued. "Too bad you're dead set on trying to kill us."