Improper

We walked, the three of us, hand in hand through several long hallways, our footsteps softened by the plush beige carpet at our feet. We passed numerous closed doors and I was curious as to what lay behind them, but I didn't bother asking. They would most likely not answer me anyway, and I was still feeling the upheaval of emotions from earlier and preferred to walk in silence. Whether they understood my silent request or just didn't have anything to say, they kept quiet as we traveled through the house. 

It wasn't an overly lavish place, but I could tell from the classy decor and the name brand clothing that we were all dressed in that they weren't hurting for cash. Either they all had very good jobs outside this house, or they were all extremely lucky. I'd never lived within reach of excess and to be faced with it now was a little overwhelming. 

We descended a stairway into an open landing with marble floors and a high ceiling. I saw two tall double doors lined with windows letting in the setting sunlight and I was shocked that they so easily showed me the grand entrance-or as I saw it, exit-to the house. They were either naively trusting or overly cocky in their ability to keep me here. 

I stored the information away for later use as we approached another set of double doors that stood ajar and I heard voices speaking from inside. I was about to have dinner with a family of psychopaths and yet, instead of being frightened, I found myself ravenous for food. Interesting...

We entered the room, Gabriel strutting inside with confidence as he displayed me for all to see. I shouldn't have been surprised. According to him, I was his doll, and what do you do when you make a doll look pretty. You show it off for mommy and daddy to fawn over. Apparently, the childish instinct was still very much intact as Gabriel proudly twirled me in a circle making my skirt flare. 

I shot him a dirty look as I yanked my hand from his and crossed my arms over my chest, Luke having already surrendered my other hand to make his way to the table and into a seat beside Sean. It looked like everyone else had exchanged their earlier clothing for those more befitting a fancy restaurant, except for Victor and Owen. Kota had dawned a button up white shirt, buttoned all the way up to the neck and was wearing a dark green tie around his neck. Sean now wore a purple polo shirt with black slacks and it appeared he'd left his doctor's coat behind. Silas, Nathan, and North had also switched out their t shirts for polo or dress shirts and were now in either slacks or nice jeans. I assumed I would feel over dressed in my skirt and blouse, but compared to Owen's immaculate suit, I was found wanting. 

They all studied me, raking their gazes over my small frame and it was a nice ego boost to see several sets of eyes linger on my legs with obvious interest. I guess there was one bonus to being the only female in the room. Maybe I could figure out who the weakest ones were and manipulate them into a situation that I could use to my advantage. I'd never been one to sleep around a lot, but I wasn't opposed to using my feminine wiles to get myself out of this conundrum. 

"Impressive, Gabriel." Owen complimented from his seat at the head of the table. "You've outdone yourself this time."

Gabriel about blushed with pleasure as he gave a superfluous bow. "Well, she's naturally gorgeous so it wasn't too hard to clean her up." He waggled his brows at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"She does clean up good." Silas's deep accent rumbled through the room as his deep soulful eyes inspecting every inch of my body with heat. "How about you come sit by me, Aggele mou." I could hear the hidden invitation in his voice and I wondered if he'd be easily manipulated if I took him up on it.

Sean looked affronted as he gaped at Silas. "But I'm sitting beside you!"

Silas merely shrugged, "Yeah, but she's probably better company and definitely prettier to look at."