Chap 36

You gotta go and get angry at all of my honesty
You know I try but I don't do too well with apologies
I hope I don't run out of time. Could someone call a referee?
'Cause I just need one more shot at forgiveness

I know you know that I made those mistakes maybe once or twice
And by once or twice I mean maybe a couple of hundred times
So let me, oh, let me redeem, oh, redeem, oh, myself tonight
'Cause I just need one more shot, second
Don't forget to fast on Arafat day,
4 the prophet (pbuh)said ur sins maybe cleansed.

~

unedited ~

FALMATA'S P.O.V;

Waking up I realised I was soaked in blood.
I had stained my favourite bedsheets.
I started to weep.
I was happy , this means I am not pregnant.
Wait, why was I happy ?, when I know quite well can't be pregnant.
A times the thoughts of mustapha getting intimate with me, without my knowledge evaded my thoughts, it could be the only possible explaination.
I was damn was I wasn't and I felt guilty for thinking he could do such thing.
I immediately ran into the bathroom, where i clean my self and had a warm bath.
I washed the bedsheet also and as about to spread it under the sun when ya gana interrupted me.
Oh my God, I saw you coming out of the bathroom this morning, and I was wondering why you tool your bath at 5am. And now this.
You are bedwetting.
She held her tummy, laughing.
Ignoring her , I spread my bedsheet and turn to leave when she hit a nerve.
*Amarya mai pitsarin kwance*
What,
What a shame seeing you behaving like the kid you didn't have."I said.
I know I hit a nerve also because she was quiet for a while .
I felt guilty using it against her, because I heard her once complaining to mah, about not able to conceive. SORRY" I said
Fool" she laughed. Probably masking her feelings away.
you're crazy , you know " I said.
I am crazy , take off my shoe * she said.Thats when I noticed I was wearing her slippers.
They look shitty, I can't even believe I wore them " I lied.
Yeah you did, you stupid " she smiled.
No you are " I argued.
"Enough bickering and come over here to have your break fast" scowl mah.
Both i and ya gana raced to the dinning table.
I miss good old days.
My phone kept buzzing.
It was Maryam calling me, I didn't pick the phone , because mah hate it each time we answer any call while having family dinner together. She said is disrespectful and rude.
I sat back and turned my phone into the silence mood.
We caught up. There and I learnt ya gana's husband left her because she overreacted when he married a second wife.
His excuse was that they are married for 5 years and she's still unable to bore him any child.
When he got married to his new wife, ya gana ,afraid because she's Maga, and the most dangerous Co wife's ever so she told her husband to divorce her. Not that she had anything against Maga, no because when Dad was alive , we were living in maiduguri back then when he married a Maga , she made all our lives miserable. Since then ya gana vowed never to share a husband with Maga ever again.
Her husband refused to divorce her.
He told her, he loved her and was incapable of separating from her.
So she asked me to separate from his one hour old wife and forget about having children.she hit a nerve .
He got angry and divorced when she promised to burn his new wife alive.
I was shocked hearing it all.
I never in my wildest dream thing ya gana could say this.
She said , she left jealousy overcrowded her judgment.

After breakfast, she excused herself to call Maryam, her best friend.
She saw 20 missed calls from, and wondered if she knew of her presence here.she called Maryam, even though Maryam didn't say such, she sounded worried.
Something seemed off , so she decided to meet her where she told her too, at her house.
She was about going out when her mum, asked her about mustapha.
She pretended not to hear her and went out.
Her mother wondered where she was heading to by 11am.
falmata got into a taxi, and they sped to maryam's house.
Hey Maryam " squirmed falmata. Hugging her tightly, the hug was cut loose when she spotted sadiya who was as equal as excited as she was.
Her two favourite people in front of her eyes.
She was excited to see them, she couldn't shut her trap up.
She kept blabbing nonsense, probably because they are her muse.
Maryam, told her she has a surprise for her.
Both wants her to get it herself from her room .
"Hey, Where's mum ?" i Asked Maryam referring to her mum.
I haven't seen her nor greet her since I came.
I know, she's not around. She left with everyone to my aunts wedding in Nguru , and am left alone with my dad , who's currently out said Maryam.
Wow, enough details " Falmata teased her friend.
When Maryam raised her fist, she quickly ran inside Maryam room , to see what she has in store for her.
Curiosity kills the cat they say.
As soon as she entered her eyes zoomed the person that has afflicted so much pain into her this pass few days.
Could this be possible. She winced her eyes and he still was there, live and in yobe.
How's he here?.
How dare he show his face after accusing her of infidelity.
Falmata " he gasped and she moved away and tried to find her way back out only for him to block her with his foot.
"We need to talk" he said .
Know we don't " she said.
I know, what I did was wrong,
I should have given you the room to defend your self" he started anyways.
Please come back home with me, mum wants you back " he continues.
Whattt mum , he's only here because mum wants me back not because he wants me back" she thought and tears began to make their way down the coven of her cheeks.
She hated being like this in front of him, she hated showing him her weakness, but she can't hide it even if she tries to.
So you still think , I am pregnant and cheated " she finally spoke.
I don't have any reason not too" he said..his word Pierced into her heart like a sharp spade.
What if I prove you wrong, then what " she said.
And later regretted trying to go with through with the stupid idea she had. But she had no choice but to do it anyways.
What she said , felt like a challenge.
Follow me she said, and he did.
She asked him to wait for her outside the toilet. after some seconds she opened the toilet door a little, and Called for his attention, when he was looking, she waved her soaked pad at him and quickly closed the toilet door.
It was disgusting and uncalled for, what she did.
Buts it's her only option to clear her name.
She wore the tampons she found there and disposed the one she removed .
Washing her hands , she went out ready to meet him.
He was in shock and confused.
"Is that enough prove to you that I am not pregnant and am a loyal wife " she said.
He was mute.
So now that's sort out" she sighed.
I could just as well go marry someone who couldn't doubt my fidelity,
Someone you so wished for me to be with " she said.
All she said was true, he had no trust in her,
But definitely he wouldn't want her to end up with that boy, if it's the last thing he did. He loves her and would spend his life time proving it to her, if that's what it takes.
Falmata..*he called her name, but she brought her right hand into a halt to cut him off.
I am disappointed in you " she said in disgust and tried to escape when he caught her hand.
I will so kill that nurse " he said between clenched teeth,
Falmata am sorry, once again I fall below your expectations "he cried.
Please forgive me, " he went on his knees.
She couldn't bare to see him on his kneel, so she begged him to raise up

Falmata , i am sorry.
I love you more than life it self, that's why I get jealous and over reacting each time..." he couldn't begin himself to say it.
That's not enough reason to accuse me of infidelity.
Do you know , when you did that you question my parents upbringing and that hurts me "she said.
That's my mistake, we are only humans.
I can never be perfect. Please forgive me and come back with me" he said.
She decided to leave from there, because here emotions where getting the best of her.
She opened her mouth to hiss, but only felt his lips invading hers.
The kiss was short and sudden.
Non, of them were aware of it arrival, it just happen and it had a great effect on her.
She even began to lose balance.
He caught her and made her sit.
Promise, you will never leave me and will always trust me above all " she said.
She had no idea why she said so, but her heart did.
Saying this could only meant she forgave me , mustapha thought.
I promise, I will never do that " he vowed.
This could only mean someone is trying to get us apart, who could it be " said falmata pretending to wonder even though deep down she knows it sameera.
How could she start pointing fingers without concrete evidence against her. What ever happened between is just a stroke of fate.
I think so, we have to see the nurse though " he said.
He apologised again till he felt less guilty and she was satisfied with his apologise.
Let's go back home then" he said .
No, I need to stay back for sadiya's wedding and help out my sister first" she said.
That was ok for him, knowing she's coming back into their life and has forgiven him.
You go back now* she said.
He muttered an Ok *
But first you have to go, meet my relatives "she said.
He answered without a hesitation.
He was eager to do anything for her.
To him, to day he had a second chance to relive his married life and make no mistake.
It's his chance to be that super husband to his super woman, he thought.
He kissed her on her forehead and left promising to see her later.
Once he left, both sadiya and Maryam came inside teasing.
She draws their ears for going against her back to plan with her husband even though she knows , they know nothing.
Mustapha had not tell me the exact truth.
She was happy , they gave him the opportunity to come back into her life, of course she wouldn't show them.
What happens between married couples should always stay between them.
Both Maryam and falmata join forces to teased sadiya about marriage.
Even though at first falmata pretended to be hurt by not being informed about the wedding.
Sadiya's only excuse was because she's also going to be taken to Abuja and she wanted it to be a surprise.
Falmata said it was a stupid idea, but later forgave her friend.
She could never stay mad at them for long.
After that drama, Maryam started her's.
She was sulking because both of them are going to be leaving in Abuja except her.

After all that, she called her sister on her way home.
She told her everything that had happen between her and mustapha.
Ya kaltume was excited that her daughter is no longer a divorcee, atleast one of them.
She asked her to keep it a secret from mah though.

MY SALLAH GIFT
With lurv,
Carltumee 💋
30th August, 2017.

Is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body, oh
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah, I know-oh-oh, that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

I'm sorry yeah
Sorry yeah
Sorry
Yeah, I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

I'll take every single piece of the blame if you want me to
But you know that there is no innocent one in this game for two
I'll go, I'll go and then you go, you go out and spill the truth
Can we both say the words and forget this?

Yeah
Is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body, oh
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah, I know-oh-oh, that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

I'm not just trying to get you back on me (oh, no, no)
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body (your body), oh
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah, I know-oh-oh, that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

[2x]
I'm sorry yeah
Sorry, oh
Sorry
Yeah, I know-oh-oh, that I let you down (let you down)
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?